• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted install question

P
Sep 16, 2008
Idaho
On the oil pump on the M1000 I have a large brass barbed fitting that the oil goes into the pump through on the LH side of the pump (sitting on machine). On the instructions I don't see this fitting. It looks like the line goes in the front center hole that is plugged stock. What do you do with the brass inlet fitting?

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Are you referring to the oil inlet line coming from the sled's oil reservoir? If so, you conect the oil line from your new turbo oil tank to this line (cut to proper length). Make sure you grind out enough of the aluminum where the hose goes through the frame from the new oil tank, otherwise the hose will rub on the frame and wear through. If this is not the hose you're talking about, please explain further.

P
Sep 16, 2008
Idaho
I am talking on the pump itself. The fitting that the stock oil tank plugs into is gone in the picture on the instructions. I can't install the other engine mount on the PTO side of the engine, or it will hit the barbed fitting. In the picture the barbed inlet is gone from the pump and the oil line coming from the oil tank goes into the front of the pump, not the side. But I don't think that will work right.

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
My M-1000 oil intake line comes straight out the front of the pump and does not interfere with the PTO engine mount at all. I'm sorry, but I'm just not getting a clear picture in my mind as to what your problem is. Can you post a picture of what you're talking about? Does your pump and intake line look like picture #2 in the Twisted instructions?

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I am talking on the pump itself. The fitting that the stock oil tank plugs into is gone in the picture on the instructions. I can't install the other engine mount on the PTO side of the engine, or it will hit the barbed fitting. In the picture the barbed inlet is gone from the pump and the oil line coming from the oil tank goes into the front of the pump, not the side. But I don't think that will work right.

understand every year M is a bit different in respect to where those two outlet lines come off of the oil pump, take a pic off your oil pump so we can help you out

you can also switch around a thing or two on these pumps, post a pic:beer;

Premium Features