• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys must do

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
I have been leery of pipes as well. But i subscribe to Dynotech. Jim is a very honest and straight up guy. He does a shoot out each year to see if the pipes offered work as advertised. Despite what the claims are and what the baseline power is they all are used the same day with the same correction factors. They all had the same air quality, humidity, and fuel quality. There 2017 axys made 152.5 hp and 95.3 tq. Jaws made 160.7hp and 100.8tq. SSI made 165.8 hp and 104.2tq. Beckman made 162.8hp and 102tq. In this test Jim wrote a special paragraph on how well the SSI pipe was constructed and why it made so much power. Take it for what its worth i guess.
The Pro gears are 20/44 while the Axys is 21/43. Switch out the stock Axys gears for some pro gears and you have a cheap gear down. Use the stock belt. Redline oil is very good. just expensive. I used the Mystik semi-synthetic. its priced well and stock at Canadian tire.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have been leery of pipes as well. But i subscribe to Dynotech. Jim is a very honest and straight up guy. He does a shoot out each year to see if the pipes offered work as advertised. Despite what the claims are and what the baseline power is they all are used the same day with the same correction factors. They all had the same air quality, humidity, and fuel quality. There 2017 axys made 152.5 hp and 95.3 tq. Jaws made 160.7hp and 100.8tq. SSI made 165.8 hp and 104.2tq. Beckman made 162.8hp and 102tq. In this test Jim wrote a special paragraph on how well the SSI pipe was constructed and why it made so much power. Take it for what its worth i guess.
The Pro gears are 20/44 while the Axys is 21/43. Switch out the stock Axys gears for some pro gears and you have a cheap gear down. Use the stock belt. Redline oil is very good. just expensive. I used the Mystik semi-synthetic. its priced well and stock at Canadian tire.

What do you know about the Dynoport pipe? I've heard good things. Buddy had one on his 13 and it ran very well.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Must ad gas and oil
Must use scratchers on hard pack
Must set suspension for weight
Must ad tether
Must have some type of storage....I like the underseat bag and handlebar or dash bag combo for day rides. Ad a tunnel bag and/or gas rack for overnighters on the mountain.

That's about it for true "must do" for me

Premium Features