• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSooo is this a doo it your self job or a dealer job?

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Very doable if you are a good mechanic....lots of how to info here, the old snowest and dootalk. A airchisel works good to get all the rivets loose. Alot of people use bolts to reassemble. Do some research.

go to the dealer, look at the fiche, order the parts you need as the nun is made up of a couple pieces and do it yourself. the rivet should be steel in there. so if you hit them with an air chisel you might wobble the holes which weakens the structural integrity of the pieces being connected. id do it the aircraft maintenance way and use a die grinder with a metal sanding disc and arbor setup. just dont grind the aluminum. you knock the center of the rivet out with a punch or drift and a hammer. then sand it down 90-95% and use a pointed punch about 1/4" in diameter to knock it out, sometimes you may find it easier to use the drift to crack it out. by the way you do all this from the pan head side of the rivet. hope this helps. and i think though my punctuation is lacking my spelling is good.
-nick

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
He didn't even spell anything wrong douchebag
ya i read it 5 times looking for something wrong, even the grammar was correct...

real cool way to make a name for yourself killer.. cuz you jsut killed your reputation here

rev800151: love the avatar dude, iv done that once... it was an 800 rev 151 also haha :)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
just so you know...if this is a rev chassis, doo sells a replacement nun kit for the 800 race sled.. as well as a bulkhead brace for right behind the muffler...just fixed my buddies...

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Did the same thing Satueday...replacing mine right now...not too bad so far...2 hours to remove plastic, pipes, front suspension (each side comes off as a unit...6 bolts/fasteners per side). Another 2 hours and the NUN is removed and new one is back on, riveted, and ready to bolt the susp back on.

Grind the rivets and punch them out like sloppy2nds said.

Kind of a fun project...like a jigsaw puzzle!! Just take your time and have fun with it.

Killer, I'm curious what makes you post that if you dont know the guy? I could understand if you're razzing a buddy...are you looking for attention? I dont get it. :confused:

modsledr

Premium Features