• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carls 910

C
Feb 13, 2012
helena MT
i have a 04 edge with a carls cycle 910 in it. does anyone know what carls use for a case on them. is it a stock 800 case with a big bearing kit or do they use something eles. my end goal is to go back to stock with it. either whole new engine or maybe just new jugs and head an so on thats if the case is an 800 case. i pick up the sled with the intant of reselling it, but not working out so good for me. so now i thinking about just puting it back to a stock 800 because the chasie is in realy good shape and it allso has some other goodies on it. any info would be great thanks for your help.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Stock case, but I believe there is some case porting and that you can't just bolt the stock jugs back on again when you are done.

I believe that once a 910 goes on that bottom end, it's gotta stay that way.

C
Feb 13, 2012
helena MT
ya maybe from what im told just the eng is woth about 1500 the problem is if i do go back to stock i need everything pipes electronics pto clutch carbs and i think that is all i would need to do the eng swap. But it wont be till after 18th of febuary because im going to island park and i dont what to be out a sled but i do want to get rid of it race fuel is expnsive

S
Feb 25, 2008
Craig CO
Don't think you can go back to stock. The cases are heavly ported and clearanced for the bigger pistons. As far as the crank it won't have a big bearing kit unless the previous owner pulled the motor down and sent the crank off. Think your best bet is to find a whole motor. If you are interested in piecing one together pm me I have an 03 case and electronics for it. If the fuel is the problem you might be able to call Carls or RK TEK and have a lower compression head built and run a single pipe on it.

Last edited:
C
Feb 13, 2012
helena MT
im not realy good with the motor work itself if i can i would like to get one that is complete and ready to bolt in. but i need to sell the carls motor first but that does make sence that i cant use the old case thank you for the info at least i know now what i need to find a complete motor.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
As others have said, you can't bolt a stock topend on it... the cases are heavily modded and it makes the porting strange if you just put 800 cylinders on.

If fuel is the issue then back to stock is your best bet.

sled_guy

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I have a stock 03 800 thats in great shape as well Id be willing to trade. if you have the space id even come do the swap.

Last edited:
P
Dec 5, 2010
hey clintfeight,

Could you take a picture of the coolant bottle and how it levels up with head cover? Also do you know if you have a thermostate in that motor?
I am trying to solve an high temp issue i'm having, I don't want to jack the thread just saw this and would like to see how they line up!

Cheers!

Premium Features