• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer Plans

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
I can't decide if I am happy this season is over or not... Fingers crossed that next season will be off the hook!
So, since I "think" I am done for the year, I was writing down my plans / goals for the off season (Summer).
Plans are to spend as much time with my Dad as possible. He has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma and was given 6 months to a year to live.
He is doing chemo treatments and doing well for a stage 4 patient. I got to play golf with him on Tuesday down in Moab. He's a tough old bird!
My oldest Son is getting hitched at the end of June. Should be a good time, but can't wait to have that off my plate...
Other plans are to hike my tail off. We have a few overnight hikes planned in preparation for a 50 mile hike in July. This year, we are hiking over Dead Horse Pass in the High Uintas and then down around the Grand Daddy's and then back up to the Highline Trail and out to Mirror Lake.
Maybe another visit to King's Peak if time permits, then more short hikes and elk hunting this fall.
I am hoping that after all the hiking I will be down to a lean mean 220 and feeling strong again.

So what are the rest of you sledders doing this summer?

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
I can't decide if I am happy this season is over or not... Fingers crossed that next season will be off the hook!
So, since I "think" I am done for the year, I was writing down my plans / goals for the off season (Summer).
Plans are to spend as much time with my Dad as possible. He has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma and was given 6 months to a year to live.
He is doing chemo treatments and doing well for a stage 4 patient. I got to play golf with him on Tuesday down in Moab. He's a tough old bird!
My oldest Son is getting hitched at the end of June. Should be a good time, but can't wait to have that off my plate...by
Other plans are to hike my tail off. We have a few overnight hikes planned in preparation for a 50 mile hike in July. This year, we are hiking over Dead Horse Pass in the High Uintas and then down around the Grand Daddy's and then back up to the Highline Trail and out to Mirror Lake.
Maybe another visit to King's Peak if time permits, then more short hikes and elk hunting this fall.
I am hoping that after all the hiking I will be down to a lean mean 220 and feeling strong again.

So what are the rest of you sledders doing this summer?

Start with a late snowmobile ride today bud.... Sorry to hear about your dad... Have lost mine, I still wish I done more with him.... Good on you to be by his side...

S

savagerunner07

Dec 3, 2007
SLC
I will be busy taking care of my son and my new son that will be here in the middle of June.:face-icon-small-hap I hope to get my house finished soon so I don't have to worry about that as well. Its going to be a very busy one!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Fifth wheel comes out of storage next week to finish up the sledding season.

Then I hope to spend more days with my family in the 5er then at my house during the summer.

Different spot every week....10 days at Mount Rushmore.

hike..hike...fish...ride bike.....BBQ.....wash rinse repeat.

Premium Features