• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

can the knock sensor be disabled

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2008 summit xp, I have read that if these things somehow trip the know sensor you have to take the sled to the dealership to get it reset it. I live a long ways from the nearest dealer so I would hate to waist a whole day taking my sled to get it reset. Or can the brain box just be sent in.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
That was only on some '09's I' told....your '08 should be fine. Next time you go to the dealer they can upload the correction for this then no worries....they need the whole sled and it just takes a few minutes.

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
08 xp

I have an 08 and the knock sensor went off and keeps going off. My boy has a 2010 600 XP, a friend was ridding his so he rode mine. The sensor went off when he was on it and now i Beeps all the time and will not shut off.

I haven't called the dealer yet but I am in the same situation, the closest dealer is 100 miles to the north.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have a 2008 summit xp, I have read that if these things somehow trip the know sensor you have to take the sled to the dealership to get it reset it. I live a long ways from the nearest dealer so I would hate to waist a whole day taking my sled to get it reset. Or can the brain box just be sent in.

If your confident they are nussance alarms put a brass washer under sensor. It takes the sinsitivity out

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
If your confident they are nussance alarms put a brass washer under sensor. It takes the sinsitivity out

Thanks for the idea, does the washer go over the threads lifting the sensor up or does it go in the hole under the sensor. thanks

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
08 xp.

I believe I got some bad gas today. runing a turbo at 7psi. sled just seemed lazy on top end and did not pull through really well. Only pulling 8,000 rpms. check engine light kept flashing. checked plugs and no signs of detonation.
I get non ethanol pump 91 from this same gas station every time I ride. I had 2.5gal in my extra can that I filled the week before. Dumped it in and it ran way better and was hitting the rev limiter now. still kept setting off the check engine light though. it will not shut off. got home and started it and it still comes on. It beeps 4 times. Is this any kind of code like on the cats or do I have to take it to the dealer to find out what the code is?
I thought I had heard something that if it was a soft knock it would flash, but reset when turned off. If it was a hard knock it has to be taken to the dealer to be reset.
I know I have heard that the first couple 09 xps had to be taken to the dealer to be pluged in to reset the knock sensor, but could be updated in the ecu program so it will reset when you turn the sled off.

Last edited:
Premium Features