• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

got a new camera. NIKON D80

got a new camera. NIKON D80 W/PICS!!! :)

got a new camera a few days ago.. heres a few pics i have taken..
i dont have any idea how to use this thing, its all experimental so far..

suzuki001.jpg
[/IMG]

oct2041Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct2028Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct2022Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct2017Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct4070Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct4055Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

oct4038Medium.jpg
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
hey what is that chick standing by?

Seriously that thing and you take some sweet pics....almost make me want to go to FL again.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
The d 80 is a awesome camera, you will love it, nice pics by the way. I have the d 60, bought it earlier this summer, the easiest way to understand shutterspeed, aperature, and ISO speed is to go to you tube and watch some how to vids, I found some excellent tutorial video specific to my camera, there are also some exellent videos explaining all of the above. You have to try and imagine you are still using film, the iso would represent the film speed you would use for different lights, low iso like 100 you would use for most situations, you increase the iso to get lighter pictures in darker situations without having to compromise slow shutter speed and blurry pics. also as you increase the iso you will get more ''grainy" Noisy pics. I took some really nive pics of some moose not realizing my iso was at like 800, when I blew up the pics on the computer I noticed they seemed pixelated, it was because my ISO was wasy to high for the lighting, just a heads up what to watch out for. In a nutshell you want as fast as shutter speed as you can get while having enough light through the aperature to fully expose your picture. These cameras have an easy mode also, you can go to P on your dial, that standsforprogrammable auto, you can change your shutter speed and the camera will automatically adjust everything else. Some examples of when to use fast shutter speeds is shooting action shots, slow shutter speeds would be northern lights photography, the slower the shutter speed the more still the camera has to be. If you go into manuel, the M mode on your dial the D 80 will allow you to adjust shutter speed an aperature with your thumb dials on each side of the camera. The easiest thing to do is just shoot important things according to the dial, etc the sports mode fast shutter speed, scenry mode large aperature so eveything is in focus, portrait mode small aperature so eveything behind the subject is blurred, and so on.
I hope this helps a little, go watch some how to vids on youtube though.

Premium Features