• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Noise/vibration

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
I'm getting some clutch noise and vibration at lower rpm. It doesn't do it at idle or when the R's are higher only at lower R's. Any ideas? When I was up riding I went to adjust my clickers and noticed one of them had come off. Luckily the bolt didn't come out so I know I didn't lose any washers inside. I did have my nuts with me and put the stock nut on the bolt I had lost my quick clicker on. I thought the nut and the clickers would be the same weight so I don't know if that caused it or not? Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to buy just one clicker instead of paying $50 for the whole kit again?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I wouldn't mix, put all nuts back on untill you got a set of clickers. Get ahold of Trinity Taz on replacement.

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
even 1/10th of an oz. can throw off the balance of the clutch. my friend w/ an 08 xp was experiencing this same vibration that you were describing. It turned out that there is a thin shim within the clutch internally that wore out and cracked.. needed a full clutch rebuild. U will know because the vibration will be suvere and you will not be able to rev to the normal rpm's that you used to.

Premium Features