• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where can I ride near Sacramento?

B
Jan 8, 2009
Hey guys,
It's looking like my company will be moving me from the Salt Lake City area to the Sacramento area (Folsom, to be precise).

I love to ride in the mountains, on the great snow we have here in UT. Am I going to find that in the Sierras? Are there good riding areas nearby Folsom, and if so, where do you recommend? Do you get good powder, or does it settle pretty quickly? Basically, should I bother bringing my mountain sleds with me?

Are there good dealerships/mechanics in or around Folsom?

Are there environmental regulations prohibiting 2-strokes? with pipes?

Do they require some sort of registration? How much typically?

B

BradT

Nov 29, 2007
Minden Nevada
Two strokes are cool, yes there is a registration and about two hours I think to some great riding. Go to westcoastsledders.com there is alot of Sacramento area riders there.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

Are there environmental regulations prohibiting 2-strokes? with pipes?

Do they require some sort of registration? How much typically?

Registration is $50 for 2 years

The state is very restrictive with noise and environmental laws.

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
YES! Bring your Mtn sleds Brian! TONS of great riding within a couple hours of Folsom. We DO get some powder occasionally, but it usually turns to Sierra Cement within a few days. We've had 10'+ in the last 10 days....

-Jeff

O

outlaw11j

Dec 10, 2007
Rocklin, CA
Bring the sleds. Great riding within 2 hrs. or less. Truckee has some good riding back side of castle peak area, paradise valley, devils oven, warren lake. lots of good riding. Also little truckee summit has some good riding. Meadow lake area has pow often.
PM me if you bring the sleds and I show you around. I live other side of town from Folsom.:beer;:beer;

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
No doubt you will have a warm reception here form all the cool peeps on the left coast and endless opportunity from South Central near Fresno/Shaver Lake to North Central as far as Shasta/Redding and East to Truckee/Tahoe.... to a point of where to next?! I must echo Brad T westcoastsledders.com kinda narrows the geography and riding opportunities a bit more than here and will expand the invatations to explore with some world class riders.... have fun out here you couldn't live in a better place (other than Reno LOL)

Premium Features