• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Scratchers

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
Does anyone have experience with the Alpha scratchers when using reverse? Does it destroy them or will they rotate under out of the way? They appear kind of short, not like your typical wire scratchers. I dont have any snow yet and curious how they work. Bored without snow.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
No reverse on those. They are solid. Design is better since they are easier to get on/off over traditional skid, and further forward to kick snow up onto the hifax and track sooner for better cooling efficiency.

A
Nov 9, 2016
just to add to this, i was on low snow conditions this weekend, and thought the person in front of me had dropped something. i stopped, and reversed about 15 feet in maybe 3" of set up snow not remembering the scratchers were down. they survived, but don't think they would fare so well on hard pack trail. the fact the scratchers mount at the top near the tunnel and not the bottom, maybe hops over the snow instead of biting and breaking? just a thought, would not like to test that theory out. they don't have as much tension as i would maybe like, compared to a standard scratcher mounted on the bottom rail of a twin rail.

Premium Features