• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can i install Shot system on my 850 w/o shot?

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Hello guys. We have here 850 with manual start with out shot system.
My buddy want install Shot on his sled. Can we do this?
Do you know p/n of parts what we need for order ?
Thnks

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Id be surprised if Skidoo “didn’t” offer a kit to do this. Might not be available now but soon is my guess.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hello guys. We have here 850 with manual start with out shot system.
My buddy want install Shot on his sled. Can we do this?
Do you know p/n of parts what we need for order ?
Thnks

You can not add the "Ski-Doo Shot" system to any 2017 or 2018 sled after the fact. To much integral parts to add that would be way to expensive to do including a whole new ecu. *Hey that rhymed! :)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
"Cost Prohibitive" would be far more accurate than "Can't" because you can add SHOT!

You can not add the "Ski-Doo Shot" system to any 2017 or 2018 sled after the fact. To much integral parts to add that would be way to expensive to do including a whole new ecu. *Hey that rhymed! :)

"Can't" is subjective at best. Cost prohibitive would be far more accurate. If the owner has money to burn, who are you to tell him / her they can't / shouldn't based on your spending paradigm?

Expensive is to be determined by the holder of the wallet or purse. FWIW

There are those out there that spend more than double the MSRP just to make a sled "theirs" so spending another 2-3K to add the SHOT system is chump change to some.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
You can install a capacitor start on your sled if you have estart and save about 13 lbs. Read the two previous threads "kinda shot" and "estart now capstart" if you want to peruse this further?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Can't is not correct, have a buddy that put it on a 17.. Dealer installed a kit consisting of bigger magneto, shot Capitol and different ecm, cost him 3 grand, and programming... He now has it and works well

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Now what would be real cool if someone or brp would come up with a kit for the 800s, and keep cost minimal, even if it took a little longer to charge up.. I would have two more ordered before day's end

K
Oct 13, 2021
Utah
I think the most practical thing would be to replace your battery with a good lithium ion battery. Will save you a few pounds. A good battery from AG will be around $300 or $400 which is expensive but you have the advantage of starting on cold starts where you can't with your shot starter.

Premium Features