• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lodging rabbit ears pass

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Looking to lodging suggestins for 7 guys for rabbit ears pass area. Would like to take off from cabin.
Appreciate any help

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
is rabbit ears a town or do you have to stay in steamboat and trailer

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
There is not really anywhere to stay at the ears...it is a mountain pass, and a riding area, not a town. Closest towns are Steamboat Springs (25-30 minutes) Kremmling (35-40 minutes) and Walden (40 minutes) I stay in Walden, at North Park Inn and Suites. Dave the owner, is a rider and good guy. Rates are fair, good gas right next door, and 2 good restaurants in town. Steamboat has many hotels, cabins, condos, etc.... closer, but more expensive....more night life and food choices. Kremmling has motel or two and a few food choices. Hope this helps.

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
thanks Yooper 8 , it helps out quite a bit. do i have to trailer from these area every day or can i get a lodge and ride from there ? is there a parking area at the pass? thanks again

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
You will have to trailer in to ride at Rabbit Ears. A few parking spots right on the highway. You will see plenty of others in the lots. I have stayed in both Kremmling (south) and Steamboat Springs (north).

Stayed at the Allington Inn in Kremmling. Nice hotel and welcoming to snowmobilers, $79/night I believe. Small town with grocery store and gas. A few places to eat but limited selection. One bar within walking distance of the Allington. Alpine Motor Sports in next door, Cat and Polaris dealership.

Stayed at the Steamboat Hotel in Steamboat Springs. Nice hotel close to downtown food/bars/gas/everything else. $89/night. Steamboat is a big ski town with plenty of things to do. Dealerships there as well, Ski Doo for sure (haven't checked for other brands). A little closer of a drive than Kremmling.

Those are the only places I have stayed, hope it helps.

Premium Features