• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to adjust primary variator/clutch And boogie

S
Sep 29, 2014
Hi im wondering how to adjust on what rpm the sled is starting to pull/drive
(If it's even possible?) at what rpm should it start going forward?

Im also wondering what difference it would if i change wich hole i use?

Click here for a picture

Indy 650 -89

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Your take off rpm is usually determined by the initial rate of the primary spring. These can be changed pretty inexpensively. Do you know what color spring you have and what weights are in there as well?

The 3 holes in the suspension will alter the rear spring rate. If you are light, the forward hole will be pretty soft. If you are heavier, then the rear hole will bulk up the spring rate and make it stiffer and keep the back end up higher for riding in deeper snow. It will also help give more ski pressure for steering as well.

S
Sep 29, 2014
Your take off rpm is usually determined by the initial rate of the primary spring. These can be changed pretty inexpensively. Do you know what color spring you have and what weights are in there as well?

The 3 holes in the suspension will alter the rear spring rate. If you are light, the forward hole will be pretty soft. If you are heavier, then the rear hole will bulk up the spring rate and make it stiffer and keep the back end up higher for riding in deeper snow. It will also help give more ski pressure for steering as well.

Okey, thanks
At what rpm should the track begin spinning If i got it in the air? Now its about 3500

what hole at the rear suspension should i use (acording to you) my weight is about 170-200 pound (80-90kg)
And is going to drive mostly off-trail, small jumps etc

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I think I would move the rear suspension to the rear bolt hole.

My book shows you would have a max rpm of 8000, Blue clutch spring and 10AL bushed weights. Secondary clutch would have a 36° helix with the spring in the #2 hole.

Can you confirm that much?

S
Sep 29, 2014
I think I would move the rear suspension to the rear bolt hole.

My book shows you would have a max rpm of 8000, Blue clutch spring and 10AL bushed weights. Secondary clutch would have a 36° helix with the spring in the #2 hole.

Can you confirm that much?

Acually i dont know, just baught it (no snow)

But i think its 8000. And the big spring in the middle of clutch is yellow

How to i see the rest? Thanks for the help

Premium Features