• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PROUCT ANOUNCMENT: DIAMOND-S PRO RMK REDESIGNED MESH HOOD

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
After building a new style for the XM he had quite a few requests for the same style hood for the Polaris Pro-RMK.

The newly redesigned hood is designed to accept the instrument cluster without the use of additional pod.

The hood will retail for $445 AND... they will be on sale through June for $400

Picture 004.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Looks good. What do you do for the intake? Also what is the weight savings compared to stock? Both with gauges, no headlight.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Much better design! Thanks for offering this. I may have to get one... Might offset the turbo weight gain!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

Nice work as always...Your new bumper looks very good with it as well.

1) I'm also interested in the intake area.

Other questions.

2) Are color options available?

3) Can you configure it with the non-mesh and mesh areas differently?

4) Do you have any graphics options available?

5) Weight diff?

6) Can this be shipped by UPS?

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I could possibly see where guys would put a guage lifter on this one.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I can't comment on the intake but I thought I read from what I thought was a reliable source, that the weight difference was 5 lbs. Both with gauges.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
5 lbs would be a little disappointing, I thought the previous design dropped 11lbs. I might have to give them a call.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
If you find out for sure please post back. I'd just been led to believe that the weight of the mesh hood and OEM hood were very close with the weight savings coming from the headlight delete.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I hope the difference is more than 5lbs, as I'm planning on ordering one before the end of June.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I think we're overlooking the awesome venting it will have. We spend hundreds of dollars on side panel vents etc. With the mesh hood you get venting and weight loss, even if it isn't much weight. Seems like a win win to me.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
IIRC I weighed my stock hood with headlights, because I thought it felt really heavy and to my surprise it was only like 10 pounds... I don't know what you guys are expecting to loose but I doubt it's gonna be much over 5 pounds

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
tdbaugha
the front of the hood hooks and the Stock location with the 2 quarter turn Zeus clips

mountainhorse
Intake
we have been running mesh hoods for 12 years now and have found the best thing to do on the intake is to leave it open or with a piece of reticulated foam placed on top of the airbox sandwiched between the hood and the airbox

you can have any color you want as long as black

We can do silkscreening

the hoods with the gauge weight in right at 5 lbs not that huge weight savings but increased airflow is worth we have had reports of charge air temperature dropped 22° when I switch to a mesh hood

Yes they can be shipped by UPS

Clumax
the panel vents are our own vents we had them lasered out of 6061 aluminum we were tired of tearing mesh vents

PU-Mesh-Foam-Filter-Foam-Reticulated-Foam.jpg

Premium Features