• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easiest way to change rails?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Skid out and on a flat surface, you want both rails flat on the surface when you are done torquing it all up. Which may take some trial and error, shim opposite corners and clamp to surface. That way when it is unclamped and relaxed after torquing, both rails are completely flat and parallel with each other.

There is no way to ensure this, with the skid in the sled.

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
The hardest part i had was getting everything apart. Use air tools and run the bolts one at a time in and out to losen the loctite. Other wise the shafts will just spin. Small amounts of heat with a butane torch can also be helpfull.

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
62717_10151545935451823_1190178390_n.jpg

417733_10151545935156823_1827161525_n.jpg

Ya pulling the skid was definatly the way to go. Thanks

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Ya these are IgeAge.

Benefit is these ones aren't bent all to hell. lol

If anyone is looking for rails, IgeAge gets my vote. Decent price ($700 with shipping and customs fees to Canada)

Only hiccup was my rail stiffeners are on "backorder" (so they say) which no one decided to tell me until I found out when I opened the box and they weren't in there.

Other than that, they're nice rails and quick shipping.

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
Ya these are IgeAge.

If anyone is looking for rails, IgeAge gets my vote. Decent price ($700 with shipping and customs fees to Canada)

Only hiccup was my rail stiffeners are on "backorder" (so they say) which no one decided to tell me until I found out when I opened the box and they weren't in there.

Question for you on the IA rails... We're they per drilled for scratchers and will the stock/Holz scratchers bolt right on with existing holes or did you have to go with their scratchers..? I realize a person could drill their own holes but I'm not really crazy about drilling my own holes into $700 rails.

Thanks,
-John

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Pre drilled. Same as stock location.

Mine were 350 plus shipping. And pow coat $60
Yeah my stockers broke at the front torque arm mount.
Ice age min. 8" wheel
Can order for 9 or 10

Last edited:
Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Yes they're pre-drilled for Stock scratchers. Also pre-drilled for The stock front bogey wheel/mount

But I did have to drill one of the holes out on each rail to a bigger size to fit the stock cross shaft in the rear.

Went with the 8" plastic wheel cause they were cheap ($35ea.) and i wanted black anyways, they dont make a plastic wheel in 9" didn't see a 10" option but I'm sure they would built it if you wanted. (stock wheels are 7 1/4")

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
Mine were 350 plus shipping. And pow coat $60
Yeah my stockers broke at the front torque arm mount.
Ice age min. 8" wheel
Can order for 9 or 10

Yes they're pre-drilled for Stock scratchers. Also pre-drilled for The stock front bogey wheel/mount

But I did have to drill one of the holes out on each rail to a bigger size to fit the stock cross shaft in the rear.

Went with the 8" plastic wheel cause they were cheap ($35ea.) and i wanted black anyways, they dont make a plastic wheel in 9" didn't see a 10" option but I'm sure they would built it if you wanted. (stock wheels are 7 1/4")

Thanks for the info! Last question, do the IceAge rails run the stock profile Polaris hyfax?

-John

M
Jan 22, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
Ya these are IgeAge.

Im replacing my rails right now. And I think I'm running into the issue you are talking about. Are you talking about the bar that is about 8" in front of the rear axle? My rails are not drilled for the bolts. Are they supposed to have the correct bar and bolts and they didnt put it in the box? They didnt tell me **** about that.

U

ulost

Feb 15, 2008
Wahpeton, ND
Im replacing my rails right now. And I think I'm running into the issue you are talking about. Are you talking about the bar that is about 8" in front of the rear axle? My rails are not drilled for the bolts. Are they supposed to have the correct bar and bolts and they didnt put it in the box? They didnt tell me **** about that.

Yes you do have to drill out the rear hole approximately 8'' from the rear axle. The existing hole is too small diameter. I drilled one size bigger than the bolt, I do believe 13/32. Other than that, everything is same as OEM.

M
Jan 22, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
Yes you do have to drill out the rear hole approximately 8'' from the rear axle. The existing hole is too small diameter. I drilled one size bigger than the bolt, I do believe 13/32. Other than that, everything is same as OEM.

Thats what I ended up doing. That and I replaced all the bolts with allen head grade 8.8 so its a little easier to take apart this summer for paint and powder coating. Good right up. Thanks

Premium Features