• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wary Avi Vest

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Who is running this vest and how do you like it? Any problems with them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S
Sep 29, 2010
I run Wary's avi vest and with there pack the vest this year is the most comfortable back pack vest i have worn to date it have built in chest armor that is removable and helps helps keep you dry very good product.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
I have owned all the packs.. and I have had my vest for 2 yrs and its the best hands down..no strain on your shoulders..and can move your helmet easily ..

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Kdrman,

I have them in stock and would be willing to work something out with you so that you could try it on and see if you like it. PM me if you are interested.

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
Really like my avi vest, it is extremely comfortable and I know it inflates because I flipped over the bars last year and caught the pull handle on something. I have the one with armor in the chest as well but I'm not sure they make it anymore.

bboyden

Premium Member
Jan 22, 2009
I am interested in checking out this vest. how could I try one on and see how it fits?

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
I would recommend getting your Wary vest from Cycle North powersports in BC. They were awesome to deal with, and even paid for the shipping there and back when I exchanged for a different size.

As far as sizing here is what's on their website:

Sizing Guidelines
Size Recomended for Persons:
M/L Height: 5"6 - 6'5" / Weight: 150 - 190lbs
XL/XXL Height: 5'10" - 6'9" / Weight: 190 - 250lbs

I initially got the XL/XXL because I am 6' 205lbs, but exchanged it for a M/L which fits way better, you want it to be snug.

The only thing that is kind of awkward is beacon location. I used to wear it right below my sternum in front, but that doesn't work with the vest. Now I wear it kind of up higher on the side by my ribs. It's one more step to access the beacon to search instead of just opening my jacket, but I'll take the tradeoff for impact protection.

H

HAY FARMER

Dec 8, 2009
I love my vest from Wary... Best pack I have ever wore.. Had the best customer service I have ever dealt with!!!!

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
I heard the vest soaks up water and gets heavy. Is that true? Just about to make my decision.
You got contact info for that store in BC?

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I have had the Wary Impact vest for a year now. The Impact is the one with the chest protector, but I don't see it in the lineup for 2013. I am 5'11" 175, the medium size I ordered is real snug with all my gear on. If I had the chance I would try them on before you order unlike I did.

Good spot for the shovel handle outside the bag, but the shovel blade is inside the main storage area and there isn't much room in there after that.
I like that the deployment handle is small in size so it doesn't get caught on anything, but big enough that it would be easy to find and pull if ever need be. Since the impact vest is a little more sturdy I find my lower back didn't hurt as bad after riding either.

Also make sure you wear the under-leg strap. I just took the adjuster off the strap to make it as long as I can, but it still will only allow the vest to lift up about 2 inches.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
I have had the Wary Impact vest for a year now. The Impact is the one with the chest protector, but I don't see it in the lineup for 2013. I am 5'11" 175, the medium size I ordered is real snug with all my gear on. If I had the chance I would try them on before you order unlike I did.

Good spot for the shovel handle outside the bag, but the shovel blade is inside the main storage area and there isn't much room in there after that.
I like that the deployment handle is small in size so it doesn't get caught on anything, but big enough that it would be easy to find and pull if ever need be. Since the impact vest is a little more sturdy I find my lower back didn't hurt as bad after riding either.

Also make sure you wear the under-leg strap. I just took the adjuster off the strap to make it as long as I can, but it still will only allow the vest to lift up about 2 inches.

For 2013 it's called the AviVest. There is a an external shovel blade pocket your can buy on the Wary website for $20.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
I heard the vest soaks up water and gets heavy. Is that true?

The material that these are made with does not soak up any water. It is the same material that the packs are made out of.

You are correct, the Impact Vest is no longer available. Wary took the Impact vest and incorporated it into the AviVest. The AviVest comes with armor built into it.

What we do is a dealer, is we ask for a chest measurement with your normal riding gear on. This helps us to determine which size you need. If you do not feel the vest is the correct size when you receive it, we are more than happy to do an exchange so that your vest is the right size and comfortable.

For 2013 it's called the AviVest. There is a an external shovel blade pocket your can buy on the Wary website for $20.

This is correct. We have the entire lineup of Wary products in stock and ready to ship. You can check them out at our site here: Tedd Unlimited

S
Feb 25, 2008
Craig CO
Road with my vest for the first time today. Even tho its heavry then a regular pack it felt very light when I was ridding with it. I tried a BCA last year and didn't like it at all, it didn't distribute the wieght like the vest does. So my first day review is an A. So we'll see if it holds up well this winter.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
An old thread but I stumbled across it and thought i would add my .02.

So I rode last season with the newest version of the avivest.

All in all it is awesome. It distributes weight well and takes the load off or your shoulders. The front pockets are great. You have enough room for radio, gps, beacon (if you choose to keep it in vest), Leatherman and room to spare.

The only issue i had with the vest is that snow will build up between your back and the vest. The material that the back is made of breathable impact foam and after a while, if you don't get snow out from behind your back it will melt due to your body heat and the foam will will absorb it.

I just take the vest off when we stop and make sure there is no snow stuck to the inside of the back area. Perhaps i can spray something to limit the absorption.

I'm not sure how they missed this in product testing but perhaps their riders wear more layers so they don't melt the snow back there. I run so hot when I ride that I really only wear one medium base layer under a shell. So a lot of heat would be going out the back.

Anyway it is a great product. They just missed this one aspect or I’m doing something wrong.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
I should also mention that the only time i got snow between my back and the vest was when i would fall off of my sled. Which happens a couple of times a day for me.:face-icon-small-ton

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
An old thread but I stumbled across it and thought i would add my .02.

All in all it is awesome. It distributes weight well and takes the load off or your shoulders. The front pockets are great. You have enough room for radio, gps, beacon (if you choose to keep it in vest), Leatherman and room to

I couldn't agree more! I have had my avivests since they came out. The weight distribution is the magic for me. The way I'm built back packs are awkward. The vest is awesome. Things like cameras and gps live in the front pockets for quick access. The peeps at Wary AviVest are awesome to deal with.

I like the vest concept so much, that I now use a hunting fishing vest on my quad instead of a back pack

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Our inventory order has shipped and will be arriving at our shop this next week. Give us a call if you are in the market for one.

Premium Features