• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Fuel Controller

H
May 8, 2009
Colorado
Hello All,

I just bought a used 2010 Dragon 800, 155" and have read about a number of complaints with the mid-range throttle response. I have a boondocker fuel controller and would like to install it on this machine. The sled is all stock... and will be running pump gas. Just wondering if anyone else has a boondocker controller and what settings you may have made to make this machine run 110% at all RPM's?

Any help would be appreciated!

:face-icon-small-coo

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I joined, paid $50, sent an email and haven't gotten any reply.... it does look like they may only work with Power Commander.. crap.......

Don't worry, this time of year for new-yorkers isn't close to thinking about sleds.

Jim does have some excellent maps for the Power Commander. I would think with a little time, you could convert the numbers over from the PCV map to your boondocker box. The PCV does have better adjustability as far as RPM's goes and is the reason why many of us went that route.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
google " dynotech boondocker box" that might help. I thought for sure that jim could help you out. If he cant let me know and i'll send you 50 bucks for giving you false info

Last edited:
H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I run a BD set up and first have to question "why you would be adding fuel through the whole range??" Your sled needs more fuel mid range or 5/8 throttle setting. Same as commander I believe his is adding fuel same area. Second I know he is pulling 10% off on top end and bottom. You cant tune your sled by someone elses #/s but you can use them as a starting line or guide BUT dont take them as absolute.

I would set it at factory settings and just keep going with what you like and your plugs like for your altitudes. Spend some time tuning and commit the day to it. You will be happy you did.

Second if its a BD setup call them they are very helpful with tuning questions and how theres works. But they dont just give you the one size fits all fuel map either.

Last edited:
Premium Features