• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone Mounted a Muff Pot on there Pro Turbo Yet?

The450kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey Alberta
Just looking for a little help on a place to mount the Cooker so its not a big mess and easy to get at? Ive thought about a vertical mount but that could be messy im thinking. Any one done this yet?
Thanks!

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
i put mine on the pipe just before the chassis bar, its tight and i have to pop the front of the hood up to give me an extra 2 inches to get it out.. but it works.

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Just looking for a little help on a place to mount the Cooker so its not a big mess and easy to get at? Ive thought about a vertical mount but that could be messy im thinking. Any one done this yet?
Thanks!

I mounted mine vertically on my Silber kit. After the turbo, on the muffler. I have my side panel vented so I loose a lot of heat there, but it does get it warm eventually and its better than nothing.Its also very easy to acces here.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I mounted mine at the end of the pipe with my Silber Turbo. I used the adapter and wind blocker shield that somebody on here makes. Doesn't get as hot as the Y pipe mount, but it will make 2 frozen burritos nice and hot by lunchtime.

E
Jan 13, 2010
On BD Turbo, I mounted it on the down pipe to the turbo. Just get a smaller clamp and you can mount it flat. Super easy to get to. It takes a little longer to heat up, but not bad.

S
Nov 16, 2010
What is the theory behind the Muff Pot setting the DET sensor off????

Installed mine and had 4 DETs in the same day. The conditions were very deep......and I was thinking it may have been a rich DET due to less air getting into the turbo.

Thoughts?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Remember the det sensor is nothing more that a devise to pick up any engine vibration or noise over and above a set limit, thats all it does, so yes any rattle can set it off.

Premium Features