• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yellow spark

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if the spark plug boots come off then take them off and trim 1/4 inch of your high tension wire and also use some dielectric grease..and you may be able to trim coil end of lead as well..worth a try before spending big bucks..oh and as soon as it dies after it starts up does she fire up if you squirt abit of fuel in the cylinders..??...you want to determine for certain if the engine dying is spark OR fuel related before spending any money on parts..!!

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yes it fires back up when i put gas in the cyilinders
but then it dies agin

then ain;t that telling ya that as long as it has gas it will run..??...so sounds like a fuel delivary issue to me...cause if it was spark it shouldn;t run with fuel added to the cylinders..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well crank seals...float valves...main jet obstructions...the list goes on for possibilities..pull the fuel line off the carb and see if its pumping fuel..if not then pump or seal or line obstruction issues..if fuel pumping then issues with fuel circuit in carb or air availiability issues..(mice nest in air box or exhaust)..and make sure throttle cable adjustments good etc..

B
Dec 5, 2007
What year/make and model sled is this? Yellow spark usually means it has a spark issue...stator, coil, cdi box..ect...usually stator depending on year/modle of sled.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
don;t spend money on any spark issue yet...fix your fuel issue and see how it runs first..if you haven;t hooked your pulse line up wrong like the fella above suggested on your new pump you are already spending dollars you don;t need to

B
Jan 25, 2011
utah
well i went threw the carbs and checked all the lines and my fuel pump and its all working good but the motors a union bay 740 racing motor and i just got a new cdi and it started right up so thanks for helping figer out my problems and there will be more to come im sure
:boxing:

Last edited:
Premium Features