• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx M-series Supercharger

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
does anyone any idéa how they solved the problems whit blowby in the engine whit the supercharger?

on a turbo the exhaust preasure rise in the same rate as the boostpreasure and stops the fresh gases from blowing straigt out in the exhaust.

but what stoping the boost from blowing out whit the supercharger?
new special exhaust pipe or what?

I have been wondering the same thing. Ripcharger says they have dealt with this issue, but the won't elaborate as to how.....

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
S
Mar 30, 2010
OUr kit comes with its own exhaust system, this is classified info at this time we wish not to share at this time as we know others are trying to produce kits as well and are having issues in this department. We had our unit on display all weekend at jackson.

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
OUr kit comes with its own exhaust system, this is classified info at this time we wish not to share at this time as we know others are trying to produce kits as well and are having issues in this department. We had our unit on display all weekend at jackson.

I'm assuming that the custom steering draglink(?) that I saw on the sled at Jackson was titanium?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, the kit will come with a custom drag link. It will be aluminum or steel, not finalized yet.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Does anyone know if they are going to be limited to M8's or are they developing kits for other sleds/motors? Like a M1000 motor for example. I have noticed that the ripcharger is also only for M8's (for cat anyways so far).

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Does anyone know if they are going to be limited to M8's or are they developing kits for other sleds/motors? Like a M1000 motor for example. I have noticed that the ripcharger is also only for M8's (for cat anyways so far).

Considering the 1000 is no longer produced, I'd bet they won't bother making one for it... hope I'm wrong.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Right now the M8 is the primary focus just because of shear number of sleds sold. Extensive testing is going on right now. I don't think a 1000 kit is in the works, but if the demand warranted production it could happen.

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
The Speedwerx kit says stock sound levels...is this true? I was very close to buying a turbo kit but I decided it would be way to loud for riding in the Midwest. The ripcharger sled sounds pretty loud in the video?

BTW I would be willing to loan out my 141 M1200 to speedwerx to develop a 1000 kit as long as I get a sweet deal when I get it back! YEAH...SUPERCHARGED 1200!!!

S
Mar 30, 2010
the kit is stock sounding you can check it out on youtube. as far as the m1ooo kits go we have to see how much interest there is going to be before we decide to do a kit for the 1000s since the engine is no longer in production

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Would love to see the power curve on this thing compared to a pump gas turbo setup. Even though I'm a turbo guy over a SC guy on the streets, I can see myself wanting a SC on the mountain. The lag is what's keeping me from purchasing a turbo for my M8. Are there any SC M8's on the snow yet?

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Would love to see the power curve on this thing compared to a pump gas turbo setup. Even though I'm a turbo guy over a SC guy on the streets, I can see myself wanting a SC on the mountain. The lag is what's keeping me from purchasing a turbo for my M8. Are there any SC M8's on the snow yet?

Yeah, I hate to say it but this reminds me of the new proclimb section. A whole lot of speculation and that's about it. The speedwerx website mentions pre-order, so I doubt there are any out there yet, but actual experience on one will sell more kits than the speculation of it will.

Premium Features