• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Ski Poll for M sleds with more options

Best M skis

• Total voters

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I have a set of Simmons Gen II's in Cat Orange trim for sale right now for $300 + Shipping if you want them. They only have 3/4 of a season on them.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
The first couple times I rode my HCR with the stock skis I hated them so I switched to Simmons Gen I and I love them. I could not handle the way those stock skis would dive and the simmons are much better. I have a set of simmons sitting here I would be willing to sell too. They are in great shape a little scratched up on the bottom and one needs some new runners but if your interested PM me and I will make you a good deal.

S
Nov 3, 2009
C&A Pros XTs working awesome, lots of effort to steer with the 6" carbides so im gonna try out some 4"ers, but these have no dart to them and at 7 plus inches wide they float great. Gonna try a set of PP next year to compare, but these XTs are super beefy and get it done for sure.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
m1000 skis

SLP_ Powder Pros on the last 2 sleds. I agree a little hard to steer but mutch better in the powder:face-icon-small-hap

S

skimike

Dec 21, 2009
bakersfield
I dont think any ski could dart worse than the stockers so I installed pp's yesterday, they look great in white
IMG_9017.jpg

M
Dec 24, 2008
midwest
Gripper on M?

I pulled my Carl's cut Powder Pros off the M1000 and stuck them on my Dragon so it would be less twitchy , and stuck the Poo Grippers on the M and they work really well on that sled, it comes over on its side easier, and faster and are wide enough that they float. I just hope it does not realize that it has Poo skis on it and burn down.

anyone know how to get the Polaris gripper skis on the M? how good is the fit?

I really liked them on my friends 07 rmk and 10 assault, would like to have them on my 08m8sp

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
I got Powder Pros for Christmass, love them, they are so much better in the powder.

I honestly think some people expect too much from them though, these skis are designed for Powder, I don't think you can get a ski that is perfect for bolth powder and trails, they will either be excelent for one or the other, or ok for bolth. The powder Pros do require more stearing effort on trails and do dart more but the are amazing inthe powder where they belong.

I also wonder if people are setting up thier sled right for them, you want minimul ski pressure and you want them to be mounted in the forward holes (moving the ski more forward) this puts more weight on the rear of the ski and carbide (less stearing effort, more darting but best for powder riding).

I just installed pp's and was going to ask if it would make a huge difference on which hole to mount in the saddle being that theirs only an inch separating them, but thanks for answering that for me.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
What the !@#$???

I'll have to choose the write in ballot with my tried and true SLP Ultra Lites and here's why:

1) They have years of R&D behind them
2) The new and improved design allows for a lightweight "tube chassis" look with strength that far exceeds previous designs
3) The plastic ski bottoms don't stick to the snow like the "other" manufacturers skis

The proof is in the pudding kids...

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Any more feedback on the USI X2 Triple threats? I think my slydogs are ok, but they are way to soft and dont see very good life.

Also they (Slydogs) apparently doesn't stand behind their products. Not for me anyways.

popcorn

Premium Member
Jan 9, 2009
northwest,NM
Stock skis work better for me. If you don't mind the hassle, keep the stock and then on deep powder days, put on the Simmons gen 3.

J

jear bear

May 17, 2010
if anyone has a set of skis to trade for my 2010 hcr skis I'm open let me know what you got not interested in tradeing for stock arctic cat skis

J
Dec 3, 2010
I have a 2011 HCR being delivered this week and im ditching the stock skis right away. Slydog just came out with 8" powderhounds and they re-designed them slightly. They now have a snow induction scoop on the bottom of the ski to "direct" the snow under the ski and past the reverse angle keel. I sell a lot of slydogs at my shop and never had any complaints. I ran the 7" powderhounds on my long tracked MXZ and i loved them. Cant wait to try out the 8" skis on the new sled!

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
I have run C&A's since they came out way back on all my sleds except the M1000. I liked them on my Crossfire and loved them on my 99 Snopro but for some reason they made life miserable on my M1000. I went back to the stockers and like them a lot so far. I think I am going to try cutting the outside edge this year and see how that works.

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
I just rode for the first time with the powder pros. Hands down my new favorite ski. Simmons gen 1 were ok but at slow speeds in powder they pushed way to much. Slydogs seemed to flimsy and didn't seem to hold turns as well in the trees. Powder pros turned amazingly well and side hilled like a dream. Great skis

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
A few years back I had Powder Pros on an F7 and stock skis on my M7 when wife and I were in the bighorns. The F7 with the PPs turned so much better in the powder than the M7 with stock skis. Now, that's not apples to apples comparison because of the chassis difference, but there was such a noticeable difference I have put powder pros on all of my Ms since that first M7 and I love them. Especially on slow turns in the powder. Granted I am not the best rider in the world, but they certainly have been good for me!

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
powder pro

I have a m8 sno pro 2011
I've just put on powder pro's on my new sled but I think it's pretty heavy too steer, way harder than my xf8 -08 I had before with same skis.
Is it just the way it is or can I adjust it to make it easier?
thinking about going back to stock skis

J

jasonsamko

Dec 18, 2008
Michigan
i bought new powder pros last week for my 2011 m8. rode with them one time, dont like them at all. now they are now for sale. black with green loops and black comp saddles. for sale in the ski section

Premium Features