• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need a LONG brake cable for a ZX

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
Isn't the fitting at the brake caliper side a double flare? (automotive type?) Trying to remember my ZX.....but I'm pretty sure I just built a 4 or 5 inch long steel extension at the caliper end. (You can buy pre-flared lengths of brake line at most auto parts places too) If my memory is all fouled up, sorry. LOL.

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
Lets wait for a guy who has a ZX to jump in with a pic. Pretty sure I used 3/16 hard line with double flares at each end....then just an adapter between the factory line and the extension.....but lets not rely on my beer fogged memory....I've had a few sleds over the years....LOL.

Lets wait for a guy who has a ZX to jump in with a pic. Pretty sure I used 3/16 hard line with double flares at each end....then just an adapter between the factory line and the extension.....but lets not rely on my beer fogged memory....I've had a few sleds over the years....LOL.

LOL... fair enough! It is easier to buy stuff for your sled when it is close to you!

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
You can go to Mopac and they have the banjo fittings, some short brake lines and adapters.
Or just go to your local Harley Davidson dealer. They run the same ends... but you will pay... that is what HD stands for... hundred dollars, hundred dollars...:eek:

I believe the rev model brake lines are longer. They let me go to 2" taller, and I think you went 4" taller Dave..and it was fine... NO?

Braden, I can measure both of mine if you want.... and you can compare to the ZX

Last edited:

8alltheway

Dec 5, 2007
Eastern SD
I got a custom yellow brake line from a guy here a few yrs ago by the name of RevBaron i think. Not sure if he still sells them or not, or if he's even on snowest anymore but it may be worth a shot:beer;

C
Nov 25, 2008
Auto parts store

Any good auto parts store should have all the parts you need a coupler and a six inch piece of brake line and some bending and you good as new...

You can go to Mopac and they have the banjo fittings, some short brake lines and adapters.
Or just go to your local Harley Davidson dealer. They run the same ends... but you will pay... that is what HD stands for... hundred dollars, hundred dollars...:eek:

I believe the rev model brake lines are longer. They let me go to 2" taller, and I think you went 4" taller Dave..and it was fine... NO?

Braden, I can measure both of mine if you want.... and you can compare to the ZX

Thanks Cuso... looking at Royal distributing, the REV is 7" longer than the ZX. These ones are 42" for REV and only 35" for ZX. I will have to get Farmer Mike to measure what i currently have so I don't order the same length!

G

Get Lucky

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Zimmerman,MN
Sorryguys the auto parts store will not help, banjo fittins on both ends.

This off my02 mxz 800 renagad to put on a zx brake line.

Get Lucky

0930091939.jpg

a pmd extended brake line will work, the only difference is the slight twist at master cylinder end, have both in stock. and still no luck on your used tank yet.

How long is the pmd extended brake line? Send me a pm with the price and length of both. I did find a used tank Dusty... I found a good deal on a used one and bought it... thanks for looking! Do you have a pair of 450 or 560 jets for the 2003 ZX (sorry, I can't remember what the carbs are but they are the shorter jets)

Thanks!

S
did you check into the braided steel line that was available for the snow check mxz's? i used to ride with a guy who had the same issue & i'm pretty sure that's what he ended up doing (might be a little pricey though).harley davidson is also a good bet...the shop where i live works on the "flat rate":beer;:beer;:beer;:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

did you check into the braided steel line that was available for the snow check mxz's? i used to ride with a guy who had the same issue & i'm pretty sure that's what he ended up doing (might be a little pricey though).harley davidson is also a good bet...the shop where i live works on the "flat rate":beer;:beer;:beer;:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

I already have the snow check braided line... that is what I refered to as the "X" brake line... I need another few inches to use the 9" riser plus another 2.5" rise in my pro-taper bars

Premium Features