• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Preffered/best year for used Pro?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
With the 850 coming out the early Axys sleds are going to be pretty cheap. My 13 Pro was better than my 14, which had chronic tps issues. My 16 Axys was awesome for one season, a nightmare the second. Still the Axys is the better of the two and I bet you can start finding them under $6k, possibly with some warranty remaining. Pretty much though, buy the newest you can afford. I probably wouldn't bother with a pre 13 non quickdrive Pro though. The belt drive makes the machine IMO.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
With the 850 coming out the early Axys sleds are going to be pretty cheap. My 13 Pro was better than my 14, which had chronic tps issues. My 16 Axys was awesome for one season, a nightmare the second. Still the Axys is the better of the two and I bet you can start finding them under $6k, possibly with some warranty remaining. Pretty much though, buy the newest you can afford. I probably wouldn't bother with a pre 13 non quickdrive Pro though. The belt drive makes the machine IMO.

This ^ (bold added). Never owned a newer sled, but in reading about the pros in particular, it seems like the year-over-year improvements tended to be big. You see that to some degree with most chassis, with the occasional exception. It does seem you can find gremlin sleds in pretty much any year though, so think twice if you're looking at a sled that seems off. Also, don't buy one just because it's newer over one that's been truly taken care of.

I do differ somewhat on values for AXYS sleds. I don't see a big drop-off until the 850s become readily available (assuming all goes well with the 850s next season). Even if the 850 is head and shoulders above, there just won't be enough available until later next year; might even have a reverse effect this season if enough people hold out for the 850. Once the 850s are easier to come by, then yeah, you'll start seeing decent AXYS sleds around $5k. That's probably when I'll buy a pro...

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
Something else to ask about when buying a used pro is if the oiler has been turned up, I have had 2 2012s one turboed as well as a 2013 with an SLP stage 4 kit on it and I've turned up the oil pump on all of them and never had an issue and even had them inspected before selling them and they looked great with great compression even after some good miles... I know getting them up to temp before ripping down the trail helps out tremendously as well in the longevity department.... great sleds in my opinion... good luck with your search.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Pretty sure the 15 snowcheck RMK’s had the larger shaft needle shocks ala the assault and the 2016 and newer Axys chassis had just the clickers with the smaller shafts as you describe. See here for more info from MH,

https://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-417288.html

Read your link, I only knew the pro RMKs only had clicker Walkers 1/2", just like my 16 axys has clicker walker 1/2". I have never seen a Pro Ride Pro rmk with needles from the factory. Interesting to note there are a few out there!
I can say this though, needles are a noticeable improvement in ride quality and bottom out resistance compared to the 1/2" walker clickers.
I owned a 15 SBA 800 with 1780 miles. All stock engine, compression was spot on when I sold it a few weeks ago.
Good luck on your search! Alot of good info here to help you.

Premium Features