• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

air box foam is rotten. 91 indy

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The foam on my '93 is course enough that it won't inhibit moisture, I think it acts more like a big chunk filter than anything.

ebay.com or maybe your dealer would have something that could be made to work?

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Dealer listed it as $39 and available. I looked it up after posting. May just put some similar foam on the box top, and watch how it runs as is. Not like it is high performance or will have anyone but a rookie riding it.

EBay has a couple airlboxes but I suspect t foam is original and rotten also.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any chance there is some HVAC foam that might be used as a filter or media supporting structure that could be bought?

I had some foam from something, forgetting now, that I used in the Snow Scoot when I worked it over. The original had broken down with gas and age and I didn't want to buy new.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Local store called foam city saw my piece of foam when I walked in as said 'is that from a motorcycle' told him it was a sled, he had just want I needed. $5.20 for enough in the box and a new top cap. Took some fabbing, but now I have the spare sled ready to rock.

Premium Features