• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

super q silencer on 2011 pro SAFE OR UNSAFE

A
Aug 9, 2008
looking to add super q can on 2011 pro 800. wondering if its safe as far as runabilty. My sled is running great and dont want to be in the same boat as i was with my 08 d8. will a remap of the fuel system be needed? thanks for any insight.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We have used this can on several pros up here in North Idaho and it has done nothing but make the performance better. Like stated above, Skinz can actually test for back pressure and these cans flat out work. Well over a 1k miles on several sleds with them.

C

classic-indy

Dec 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC. Canada
After reading this thread I looked at the skinz website. they are listing the Ultra-Q and Super-Q at 14.4 lbs lighter than stock.......that can't be right.....is it?

Last edited:
W
Jan 18, 2013
After reading this thread I looked at the skinz website. they are listing the Ultra-Q and Super-Q at 14.4 lbs lighter than stock.......that can't be right.....is it?

No! But that is correct for the cats, my buddy just put one on an it was 14.5 lbs lighter

The pro is almost 5 lbs lighter, I have over a thousand miles with mine & love it !

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Skinz may have some quality control issues.
tebu2upy.jpg

The tab blew out of the back of the silencer and was bouncing around by the clutches. The whole backside of the can is cracked out.
zezaju6a.jpg

This is after one season.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It looks like the can was dented in the 2nd pic on the right. If that's the case it could have been what caused the crack. Did you hit something?

Premium Features