• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PROUCT ANOUNCMENT: DIAMOND-S PRO RMK REDESIGNED MESH HOOD

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Definitely agree about the lower temps, something the rmk could benefit from.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
i broke down and bought one just cause they look cool and wanted to do a headlamp delete anyway so best of both worlds, but for a headlamp so dont smoke my VR i was thinkn of using this piaa light, what do you guys think, its even dimmable

piaa.png

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
That Piaa light is a "Daytime Running Lamp" and not a primary light source.

I've got the Cyclops Penetrator LED light, and will be running it this year... Pondering hard about this hood for this season.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=164

The price is a bit higher than some of the other lesser lights out there... But, in my opinion. "The juice IS worth the squeeze"... Much better light, more durable and heavy duty. I'd liken this to Snap-On tools compared to Craftsman or Husky.

I had mine made with a combo of wide and narrow beams. Great light.

small news photo_164.JPG

Last edited:

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Mountain horse ,

I will be getting my diamond s hood any day now. Wondering if you had figured out anything else in this led light as far as wiring it up? Thanks in advance

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Call me crazy but you think some one could easily make a plug and play adapter like aftermarket head units for new gen sleds and they would make some money. Just wire the light to it and plug it to factory polaris.

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
thats what i did, not even really that hard. got the light from cyclops and then went to ebay and bought the male side of the head light plug wired it on and its done. i first soldered about 6 in of wire onto the light cause it comes with very little pigtail, think the plug was 6 bucks shipped and it came with 2 plugs and six pins

Call me crazy but you think some one could easily make a plug and play adapter like aftermarket head units for new gen sleds and they would make some money. Just wire the light to it and plug it to factory polaris.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Yeah I can wire it together pretty easy. I was more concerned with the less draw of that will have any effect on the sled. Like what it does when you do a headlight delete kit

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
i took the other head light plug i got from ebay and wired a resistor to it, i hooked it to both the high and low beams so its always on, so 1 headlight goes to the cyclops light and the other goes to the heat sinked resistor,

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
i made it so the head light is always on, but i also made it so the heat sinked resitor is always doin its thing to, i had an electrician at work test my amp output of the sled , then i had him test the amp draw of the stock lights and the new cyclops light, dont quot me but i think he said the cyclops is 2.4 amps and the stocker a 9.1, so he then found me a heat sinked resistor that burned of7 amps, he then tested the input amps to the VR and i have .7 less amps goin to the VR than i did before all this, so i shouldnt burn out any VR

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Yeah I can wire it together pretty easy. I was more concerned with the less draw of that will have any effect on the sled. Like what it does when you do a headlight delete kit

Yah but if they had kits that were for hid or led and had resisters built in. Hell even a company could buy lights wholesale from companies and add resister and plug end on and sell the whole assembly. So many guys with cash and no time or knowledge to do so and would just buy something they could plug in and bolt on.

Premium Features