• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrading your 2005-2007 M series with the Float Rear Suspension

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Michelle aka FreeAgent

PM FreeAgent on Snowest she will hook you up with great prices and free drop ship from Cat!

John

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
First good ride with mine this weekend...works good. Setup with back arm in upper hole, 135 lbs pressure, everything else the same, and I get just a little better transfer (just about right, now), and good control in the bumps, climbs up and stays on top good, too. I like it...now ranking as my 4th best mod to my M7 (first clutching, second snow elim. boards, third hacked fuel press. regulator).

John

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Now, not a real on topic question but I put some '09 rails on my brother's 2006 M7 skid using all the '06 components. Seems to work ok, only thing keeping me from buying the conversion kit is that I think I'll finally have to buy him a new front shock as well. It bolted right up with no issues, and the attack angle seems very consistent with what is was before. I did have to relocate the torsion spring mounts from where they were on the original rails.

So, drawing on the experience in this thread, is there a geometry issue I've created by using the '06 suspension with '09 rails without a longer front arm?
Will I have to buy a new front shock(Fox Zero Pro) if I get the conversion as I see it comes with a new front arm and I am already using '09 rails?

attachment.php

attachment.php

monsterfan001.jpg

Last edited:
D
Oct 12, 2008
Was BZ now SLC
I know its an older thread, but does any one still have access to these conversion kits, so that I can avoid ordering one through the dealer? started looking into my suspension and realized that at ~3500 miles the suspension arms are bent..... Please PM asap if you can help out.

Dan

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Part Number 4639-994 is listed as a float conversion for the 09 XF, but would this also work on the 06-07 M sleds?

Update: Yes it does!

Looks like everything you would need to convert your rear shock setup to the float setup. Anything different from the 09 XF to the 06-07 M sleds?

Update: Only item you need for 2005-2006 M Series is the Holz, AMP, or Bikeman Front arm relocation bracket. If you have a 2007 it bolts right up with no work needed as you guys have updated rails.

Thanks,

John

Putting updates on the original post is such an awesome idea. People with the same questions get the answer right away without sifting through countless posts. Thanks Stack! :face-icon-small-coo

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
float weight savings

I just purchased an 07 m8 and it appears to have the float rear skid and front shocks. I was wandering how much weight loss that is over stock. I was told when I got it as well it was the burandt suspension (valving?) anyone have any input on weight and difference with the burandt setup?

Premium Features