• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More power from ZRT 600 -98?

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
A set of after market pipes r usually good for about 15 HP. I have three ZRT's and have PSI's on my 96, D&D's on a 00 and Aaen's on my 700 mod sled. I think a set of PSI's would work best on your 98. They really work well on the old 96. Maybe advance the timing a couple of degrees with a keyway. Good Luck!

Sprocket

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
most aftermarket corps that made cat stuff back then sold extra fat base gaskets and then you would shave the head it would change the porting timing then add a timing key to make them great lake race sleds .I would bet D&D would have some shim kits lying around or know who did.$1 for $1 was the most power for the 600zrt add the pipes and v force I was taking stock zrt800s all day I think peek was at 9000 and on the dyno only lost like 2hp revving out to 9350rpm.but that is all relative if I remember I think it dyno at like 135hp but that was big in the day with a 600.at the same time I had a zr700 with black magic twin pipes and that only made 132 and the zrt would kill it every time no matter how much time I spent with gearing and clutching.I still love the power band of a well set up triple lucky for me I have buds still running heavy mod thunders so I get my 3cly fix a few runs a season

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Yes u can stack the stock base gaskets. I think it was three of them but cant remember for sure. I will ask my son if he remembers how many to stack. Black Magic made a shim kit at one time, but they r no longer with us. I dont know if D&D ever made one, but u could try contacting them.

Sprocket

Premium Features