• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Seems like it would let the track conform more to the terrain giving much better traction also much less drag from the tunnel when sidehilling. Less effort to get the sled up on edge and weight loss.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Seems like it would let the track conform more to the terrain giving much better traction also much less drag from the tunnel when sidehilling. Less effort to get the sled up on edge and weight loss.

It's just the skidoo flex edge on steroids. And those things suck sidehilling on stiffer snow.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I just got a picture of a snowbike and it has a mono rail on it,
Just a pain in the rear to post pictures but if someone gives me their number I’ll send it

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I myself have no problem riding Doo's, Poo's or Cat's. Can jump on any of them and feel right at home. The easier the sled rolls up the better for me. Love Tmotion and how it took a sled that I absolutely hated and turned it into on of the best carving machines around. Don't get where people have a problem with it, works totally awesome for me :)

Maybe some of it comes from riding sleds since the mid 90's, If you could survive riding those pos's the new machines just seem so sssswwwweeeettttt!!!

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I just got a picture of a snowbike and it has a mono rail on it,
Just a pain in the rear to post pictures but if someone gives me their number I’ll send it
SVX450
Its the same Camso kit that has been on the snow since last year

Mountain Cat

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
SVX450
Its the same Camso kit that has been on the snow since last year

Mountain Cat

Agreed. But I’m assuming that’s where the idea is the monorail comes from. Will it make it to a sled?
I don’t see how it would be good not enough support on the sides of the track to help it stay on a side hill. Maybe? Not sure

ArcticChat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2014
Arctic Cat and Camso designed the mono-rail snow bike conversion kit together (it was supposed to go on the AC snowbike that never hit production). AC owns the patents on the mono-rail. The snowbike guys seem to think the Camso kit does well off-trail just browse that section.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
long as the dont make a flex edge track, then its just a lighter skid. i hope theres no pivot point like a tmotion. bogies off the sides of the center rail would provide stability. some flex of the good ol powerclaw to help intiate a sidehill like a doo on a showroom floor, but without the other flexing bandaids. might be pretty sweet.
cat was the first with slide rail rear suspensions and a-arm fronts, have a little faith!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Cats up for a new chassis in the next year or two and I won't be buying a Cat until then, I just really hope they don't jump the gun like they did in 2012. Hopefully textron pumps in some R&D money and Cat blows us way with something new instead of the past years of minor improvements to play catchup. 2018 was a great upgrade but nothing really new just very overdue plastics and engine. Excited for cats future.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Cats up for a new chassis in the next year or two and I won't be buying a Cat until then, I just really hope they don't jump the gun like they did in 2012. Hopefully textron pumps in some R&D money and Cat blows us way with something new instead of the past years of minor improvements to play catchup. 2018 was a great upgrade but nothing really new just very overdue plastics and engine. Excited for cats future.

I don’t see cat doing a new chassis for atleast An other 3 years. Seems to me they are doing what BRP did with the xp new plastics and keep it around for 4 more years. Witch isn’t a bad idea xp ended up being a great sled. Keep the proclimb/ acender tha tooling is made for the chassis and paid for. Spend money on making it light, maybe we’ll start seeing more and more carbon fiber?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

A little bit of a new chassis every year for 8 years=new chassis.

Cat is leading the mountain segment now due to refinements.

Premium Features