• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: ZMotion 3/4" Offset Rear Linkage

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Now available: ZMotion 3/4" Offset Rear Linkage

Offsetting the rear arm on XM sleds is a popular mod that adds numerous benefits especially when hillclimbing.

Our pro riders testing this product have been able to let their limiter strap out enough to gain nearly 1" of additional front shock travel, while maintaining ski pressure, which is a huge advantage in all riding situations!

The ZMotion rear scissor is superior to just simply moving your stock scissor back because it maintains proper geometry of your suspension components relative to each other.
What that means is your sled will work and ride better!

And for those that are conscious of every gram, the ZMotion link is also 40g lighter than stock.

See swapmeet post HERE for Pricing and Ordering Info http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3923507#post3923507

skidoo.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
This is a nice piece. I move mine back 3/4" on my sleds but the problem with the stock piece is it lowers the rear suspension when you do it. I'll be buying one of these.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
This is a nice piece. I move mine back 3/4" on my sleds but the problem with the stock piece is it lowers the rear suspension when you do it. I'll be buying one of these.

Thanks, that's exactly right. This link will keep the suspension up, where it should be, at the stock height

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No gimmick here, geometry is a real thing

The ZMotion rear scissor superior to just simply moving your stock scissor back because it maintains proper geometry of your suspension components relative to each other.

Two pivot points connected with a straight piece is way different geometry than Two pivot points connected with a offset piece?
I can see how it will look the same angle as stock.
Is the new piece longer than the stock piece?
That would change the geometry.....

Don't get me wrong i have moved the rear scissor bolt back on alot of sleds. I know the benefits.
The geometry thing is hilarious though.

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
how would this work in conjunction with Sledhead Racing relocate brackets??

I'm not sure. I can't find anything on their website about their brackets so I have no idea what they actually do and by how much they do it.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The ZMotion rear scissor superior to just simply moving your stock scissor back because it maintains proper geometry of your suspension components relative to each other.

Two pivot points connected with a straight piece is way different geometry than Two pivot points connected with a offset piece?
I can see how it will look the same angle as stock.
Is the new piece longer than the stock piece?
That would change the geometry.....

Don't get me wrong i have moved the rear scissor bolt back on alot of sleds. I know the benefits.
The geometry thing is hilarious though.

If it maintains the same ride height and mounts back further, one has to assume it is longer.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
We have already sold out of our first production run on these! Machining more of them this week, hope to have them ready to ship by the end of the week.

M
Nov 16, 2009
Missoula, Mt
Maybe someone could clear this up for me...I have a 16 T-3 X and was wondering if this would work for me or just for the SP's to make them like mine??? Looking for something to keep the front end down so I can keep my foot in it and not lose momentum. Thanks

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Maybe someone could clear this up for me...I have a 16 T-3 X and was wondering if this would work for me or just for the SP's to make them like mine??? Looking for something to keep the front end down so I can keep my foot in it and not lose momentum. Thanks

It should work on all XM, ( T3, SP) etc.

Just got mine for my T3 174 X to try to lower air pressures in my fox floats.

It is a very nice piece, CNC billet, great looking machine work. Bobby did excellent job! Looking forward to trying it out.

Premium Features