• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

January incentives. worth waiting?

R
Feb 29, 2016
I haven't bothered to buy a new sled yet as the snow situation is still bleak around here. Haven't even managed to sell the old sled. I have the week off and time to fart around making a deal after x-mas. The deals on the 17s are already good enough for me but.... I have started wondering if I should wait just a little longer and see if Cat puts incentives on remaining 18's or the deals get better by $500-1000 on '17s???

Any guess based on previous years? Like an idiot, I have only been watching Polaris practices the last few years. What might Cat do in this seeming slow sales year?

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
X2 - Almost pulled the trigger on a 17 last week - but thought I may as well wait and see what the 01/01/18 rebates will be on the 18's - or how much deeper they will go on the 17's for that matter.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I'm planning on buying a 18 holdover next season but am gonna watch and see what they do in January. If they cut them enough I might just buy one then.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Whatever the price difference is for 17-18 , the 18 is worth it.
I thought the big price drop was in February?

Mountain Cat

R
Feb 29, 2016
Whatever the price difference is for 17-18 , the 18 is worth it.
I thought the big price drop was in February?

Mountain Cat

I am interested in a MC model so the '17 still has quite a bit of appeal. If the difference is $1000 or less I am on board for an 18. If it is more than that I can wait and ride the 17 for a season or two.

The new motor and clutching sound great but are hardly proven like the old Zuk...

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Some of the best deals I've seen on sleds has been right after Martin Luther King weekend, both new and used, especially if we have a less-than-normal snowfall. Keep an eye out, a lot of times you can snag a "new-used" sled, sometime guys have money issues, health issues, etc, and gotta dump their 100 mile sled

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Textron/Acat seems to have moved a lot of the Pre 17 sleds with the big rebates and the financing incentives. They spent a lot of $$ doing it, but it had to be done. It seems the 18 production was a bit leaner this year? Maybe its just my perspective, also the stock of 18's probably depended on the dealer's carryover inventory too. I know some dealers didn't have a lot of 18's this year, but they had ample stock to start the season of Pre-17 sleds.

The weather has been "OK" from Upper Midwest to the Northeast, at least there is snow and people are out riding. It seems to be a bit confined to Lake Effect areas though. I know out west it seemed to get an early start, but I have heard some areas haven't seen much snow?

Hopefully there are some 18 incentives in January, I think the 3 year warranty on the 18's right now is very nice, but some rebates on top of a solid warranty would be nice as well :).

I guess we will see soon! Let it Snow, the industry as a whole needs it!!!

-Stack

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Epic bad season here in Oregon. Have only rode once and nothing coming anytime soon. Bad for riding, great for buying...

Premium Features