• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's hear your best PRO silber turbo clutch setup at 8-10000ft

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
I know the trs clutching is working great. What else is working without the gear down? I have a straight 48 degree helix. 72 gram rooster weights loaded 2.2 2.2 2.6 heal to toe, pink primary, black purple secondry , 7 lbs boost, external wastegate, 163 track, 14 pro. Little lag on the bottom, little bit rough engagement, belts get a little warm, but runs great otherwise. I know more is left on the table!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Chances are if your engagement is rough, belt deflection is nothing special, also that will tend to create a more laggy bottom end.

I know silbers clutching isn't the best on the market, but that is one of the first places to start. Also keep an eye on the pink spring, those things break like crazy and cause all sorts of bad performance. They are running the venom almond spring now which is almost identical but they don't seem to break very often at all.

Or if you want to spend some money and go full kit, https://www.indyspecialty.com/product-page/full-turbo-clutch-kit

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Yeah, deflection is good. The pink spring is a little jumpy and yeah they do break. Will be my last one! Thinking about trying Dans kit. Keep it coming

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rotax800Summit

Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
Rawlins, Wyoming
setup

The setup that worked best for me here in Wyoming was Black/Yellow spring in secondary with helix in the 42 degree position, Almond /red Polaris primary spring and 1 red screw in the heel of the rooster weights that came with the kit. Puts them around 69g if I recall. Worked good for tree riding and extremely good on belts.

X
Oct 8, 2009
I keep seeing clutching problems with these kits...why? I guess you get what you pay for. There are not nearly as many posts like these regarding other manufacturers. My intention is not to cause a debate. Poor clutching seems like an issue silber needs to address.

Last edited:

Brish

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2014
I have a sidekick with vohk clutching and it works great. It is spot on on the bottom end with no noticeable lag. my buddy rode mine sled after riding his kit with the stock silber clutching and he thought mine was a lot better.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
What are you running for clutching in your sidekick at what boost, track, and gearing?

Premium Features