• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After the 872 ........... ?

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Bought a 2013 XM 154x new. Has 1500 miles. All stock. have decided trading is not the best $$ choice for me. Going with Trygstad 872 over the summer. Where should I go next? Track? Rear suspension work? Dial in stock chassis and track? Ride 9,000 - 11,000 feet mostly trees, drainages, climb here and there.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Bought a 2013 XM 154x new. Has 1500 miles. All stock. have decided trading is not the best $$ choice for me. Going with Trygstad 872 over the summer. Where should I go next? Track? Rear suspension work? Dial in stock chassis and track? Ride 9,000 - 11,000 feet mostly trees, drainages, climb here and there.

3" track and some skinz Rasmussen boards. Make sure clutches are healthy and dialed. Then ride the tar out of it, take more trips if possible and log more smiles.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509

Get a clutch kit from dynamo Joe. Ibackshift.com he has an 872 so he'll get that power to the ground. Revalve and rebuild shocks ride the piss out of it.:eyebrows:

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Get a clutch kit from dynamo Joe. Ibackshift.com he has an 872 so he'll get that power to the ground. Revalve and rebuild shocks ride the piss out of it.:eyebrows:

Been talking to Joey. I feel the shocks work quite well. What changes need to be made to make them better? Thanks

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Been talking to Joey. I feel the shocks work quite well. What changes need to be made to make them better? Thanks

In my experience stock shocks never last much past the mileage you got. One never thinks his shocks are that bad because they degrade so slowly over time its hard to tell. That is Intel you ride a sled with fresh shocks then its an eye opener. Its cheap and your body will thank you.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Dave has my parts for the 872. What are the thoughts as far as going 163 or staying 154 when I change to a 3"? I am not a big guy (175 lbs. shower ready). How much maneuverability is lost to a 163? Thanks

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Got my parts back. Everything looks great. Discussed reassemble with Dave. Should blow smoke tomorrow!!!!

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
I've got a 14 XM 154" with a BB. Clutching is important to get that power to the track. I also did a TKI belt drive (before the BB tho). I do have a 3" track now. One of my favorite changes was the skid relocate kit. It changes the approach angle of the track and keeps the front end down when climbing, keeping more track on the snow so you're able to utilize more power of that BB. Don't get me wrong, you can still wheelie when you want to. Helps with the trenching issue also.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I've got a 14 XM 154" with a BB. Clutching is important to get that power to the track. I also did a TKI belt drive (before the BB tho). I do have a 3" track now. One of my favorite changes was the skid relocate kit. It changes the approach angle of the track and keeps the front end down when climbing, keeping more track on the snow so you're able to utilize more power of that BB. Don't get me wrong, you can still wheelie when you want to. Helps with the trenching issue also.

Who sells the kit?

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN

Looking into relocate kit. What drive ratio did you go with? Sled is running!! Got it all together, just touched the electric start and it fired right off like it had never been apart. These Etec engines amaze me.

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
gearing

Looking into relocate kit. What drive ratio did you go with? Sled is running!! Got it all together, just touched the electric start and it fired right off like it had never been apart. These Etec engines amaze me.

Gear it up as discussed, With all that extra Hp and Torque it will pull more gear easily, Most belt drive builders gear lower than stock so they wing up faster :face-icon-small-con ??. Chain and gears are very good product as tested by many knowledgeable people.

Dave T.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Gear it up as discussed, With all that extra Hp and Torque it will pull more gear easily, Most belt drive builders gear lower than stock so they wing up faster :face-icon-small-con ??. Chain and gears are very good product as tested by many knowledgeable people.

Dave T.
Yup, located a gear to get to the ratio we discussed. Will look for a time to stop over with the sled.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
For what it's worth the TKI belt drive is a very good product as tested by many knowledgeable people as well.

Premium Features