• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre Season Maintenance help

Hey guys,

I just bought a 2014 Polaris RMK 800 Assault. I am new to the snowmobiling game. Wondering what maintenance I should do to the sled before the season starts so I can get the most out of the season with the least hassle.

Thanks,

Ryan Culp

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2014 Polaris RMK 800 Assault. I am new to the snowmobiling game. Wondering what maintenance I should do to the sled before the season starts so I can get the most out of the season with the least hassle.

Thanks,

Ryan Culp

Drain the gas and put fresh high octane non ethanol fuel in it before you ride.

Check chain tension, track tension and belt deflection.

Ride it.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Drain the gas and put fresh high octane non ethanol fuel in it before you ride.

Check chain tension, track tension and belt deflection.

Ride it.
^^^^^^ What he said. ^^^^^^

Plus, grease, ski alignment, chain case oil and always have a spare belt and know how to change it, quickly! A majority of the time they go to hell, the weather sucks. And keep the spare belt and tool kit where it is suppose to be kept. The L tool for belt removal should be in the tool kit. All this is in your owners manual. Spare key. Now as far as what to have on the ride, that would require a whole new thread on that subject. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features