• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1980 enticer mountiansled

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Here are some pictures a 300 enticer modsled my son and I finished a couple weeks ago.Built a custom suspension all aluminum designed like a ezride. Mountian handlebars with 6 inch powermadd pivot riser.136x1.5 track with tunnel extension topped with a mountianmax seat.Slp ultralite skis and bellypan made of 1/8 poly help it slide on the snow. Most everything on this sled is custom made in my shop by me, including the gas rack.Custom built pipe and boondocker nos make this little thing run pretty good.And it weighes under 300 lbs. I believe that a light sled builds more confidence in a kids riding ability in the mountians than a bigger cc heavy sled.I know because my son who just turned 10 and weighes 115 lbs. and races motocross , fast on a yz 85 no stanger to horsepower is more comfortable on this enticer than my bigbore mountianmax 180 hp without nos that he rides alot. More kids need a sled like this to learn mountian riding skills. It will make them a better rider in the long run.

enticer5.JPG enticer 1.JPG enticer 7.JPG enticer 8.JPG enticer 15.JPG

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Great mod!!! I agree that more kids need to grow up on sleds like this. It makes them far better riders When they learn to use their bodies and skills rather than just the throttle all the time. I know all those years growing up on springers sure makes me appreciate the modern sleds much more!

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
No front suspension, it still rides pretty smooth with the rear suspension only.It rocks back and has no ski pressure when you are riding it,plus I was trying to keep the overall weight down. This thing is way lighter than my sons 250 enticer with a 121.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Nice work , sled looks mean. My brothers son is in those transition years , he out grew the Z120 mod we built him.

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES018.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES019.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES013.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES023.jpg

SNOWMACHINEPICTURES029.jpg

I think the factory's need to build a mountian sled for kids 8-13 . If i could of found one this Z120 would of had a paddle track on it . Thanks for posting the pictures , we have been looking for somthing in between for a long time.:D

Last edited:
T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Rear suspension idea is fairly simple swingarm design,but geometry thrugh suspension travel and keeping proper track tension is tricky. I own a welding fab shop and spent the better part of 70 hours designing and building this suspension thrugh trial and error. For the most part it went pretty good. The thing transfers good and rides awsome in the rear. I didnt build this for jumping or fast rough trial riding ,its for my son to ride in the mountians and boondocking. The idea was to be light and transfer good. Complete rear skid with shocks weighs 28 lbs. and frontend skis and shocks that I added after pics weigh 15 lbs. for both. Stock skis were 19 lbs. each.

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
It still has the 300 in it with good compression. I built a can for it and put a boondocker nos kit on it. Powerblock clutch and the lowest gears possible out of a 250 make it really snappy for a nonreed motor. Were going out in the mountians today to do somemore clutching and mess with the nos.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Sweet! I have 2 cherry '83 Enticer 300's and would love to stick a real skid and track under them. Already re-geared and clutched them. Run like champs. Thoughts on building and selling a skid for them now that you have a design complete?

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Would have to find a set of 121 yamy rails and I used sx 700 front shocks for the rear suspension and custom shaft for rear shock upper mount. Other than that just alot of welding making aluminum brackets that the picture dont really show.Its a big project and I wouldnt even know what to charge. were just having fun with it know after all the allnighters we pulled building this thing. Just got back from a ride this afternoon in a foot of fresh pow and this thing rocked in the steep. It got on the snow with desent momentum and just kept climbing. My son did some pretty impressive pulls with it and was loving every minute of it. He can really throw this thing around and sidehill like no tomorrow. Its impressive for a 300cc sled. It did so well we didnt even turn on the juice.

Feb 27, 2008
You should get some action pics, and maybe even a video of this thing in action.
I have essentially the same exact sled sitting in my back yard with a messed up crank, except mine is an 83 when the switched to the Excel III 340. Would love to fix it and do something like this to it. Great job

Jacob

T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
Went out last sunday and powder was belly deep. The enticer did really well in the deep stuff. Just going up the road it was up to the windshield and tuff going. It could get off the road and climb up some little draws. Its light enough stayed on top of the snow real well. What a blast even though it was snowing so hard we couldnt hardly see. Were going to have two more months of riding theres so much snow.

Premium Features