• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Cat owner.

P
Nov 29, 2007
Lakeview, Oregon
Hi all,
Just picked up my “18” Cat Sno Pro early release.
Had a “09” poo. Which gave me a lot of grief.
So I am really looking forward to what Cat has to offer in the way of dependability. Especially with this new motor.
So let it SNOW!!!
Danny
P. S. Reviews seem to be great.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Make sure u seal the intakes by the goggle bag so u don't suck in snow and toast the engine. I used tape on mine last year hoping cat would provide a fix/update....
Lots of people used silicone..

11f43565047bf6aecf0f513ae95220df.jpg

Last edited:

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
Make sure u seal the intakes by the goggle bag so u don't suck in snow and toast the engine. I used tape on mine last year hoping cat would provide a fix/update....
Lots of people used silicone..

11f43565047bf6aecf0f513ae95220df.jpg

They did do a fix, my dealer applied it when I took my Mtn Cat in for service.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My dealer just told me today that they fixed the gap on the intake. I Haven't seen my sled yet to see what was done.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Shock set up will make a huge difference on that sled, enjoy your new sled they are a blast to ride. The bonus is how much less energy you use during the day.

P
Nov 29, 2007
Lakeview, Oregon
Did the factory send out a notice about this problem area?
Or was it learned the hard way?
I am so looking forward to riding this new sled. Any suggestions on starting out on shock settings? I stand 5'10"about 195lbs?
Thanks
Danny

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
My dealer just told me today that they fixed the gap on the intake. I Haven't seen my sled yet to see what was done.

what was it in for out of curiosity?

oh and to the OP, x2 on playing with shock settings, the MCs come set for straight up climbing seemed like, we added a little pressure to the FTS to get it more playful boondocking.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
what was it in for out of curiosity?

oh and to the OP, x2 on playing with shock settings, the MCs come set for straight up climbing seemed like, we added a little pressure to the FTS to get it more playful boondocking.
Thumb warmer quit.
Recoil would slip, that hurts when it lets go.
Replace track strap bolts with shorter bolts.
Also, i was hoping cat would have a 'fix' for intake gaps and they do.
I was told by cat rep that a few engines were replaced due to snow ingestion. Glad i taped mine up early. I think that was CO 2.0 that brought that issue up?

With all new engine and clutching i wanted the shop to go through it and look it over at 1,000 miles while i still had warranty.

Steering bushing was toast in 700mi. I put aftermarket bushings so i wouldn't have to replace again in 700mi.

Im 180lbs, ski shocks at 55-60 on #2
Center shock 85 on #2
Rear shock, not sure i think 140? #2 unless steep and deep then lock it and it is a big difference! Locked it hurts sidehilling a lot and i don't think people realize that. I tried it several times both ways on the same hill several times for my own verification.

Sometimes i would flip the skis and rear to #1 on the trail ride back to the truck. Kinda float over the bumps. It is easy to bottom the front out on #1 at 55psi so, no wheelies on that setting. I would always forget until it landed.....

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^cool, my 17 thumb warmer quit end of last season too, then I noticed it working again last week when I fired it up:face-icon-small-con
I wasn't sure to let those guys touch my sled seeing how they gave it to me with the track loose and throttle freeplay...hmmm. 2 more years of warranty left here. ok back to OP..

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
Thumb warmer quit.
Recoil would slip, that hurts when it lets go.
Replace track strap bolts with shorter bolts.
Also, i was hoping cat would have a 'fix' for intake gaps and they do.
I was told by cat rep that a few engines were replaced due to snow ingestion. Glad i taped mine up early. I think that was CO 2.0 that brought that issue up?

With all new engine and clutching i wanted the shop to go through it and look it over at 1,000 miles while i still had warranty.

Steering bushing was toast in 700mi. I put aftermarket bushings so i wouldn't have to replace again in 700mi.

Im 180lbs, ski shocks at 55-60 on #2
Center shock 85 on #2
Rear shock, not sure i think 140? #2 unless steep and deep then lock it and it is a big difference! Locked it hurts sidehilling a lot and i don't think people realize that. I tried it several times both ways on the same hill several times for my own verification.

Sometimes i would flip the skis and rear to #1 on the trail ride back to the truck. Kinda float over the bumps. It is easy to bottom the front out on #1 at 55psi so, no wheelies on that setting. I would always forget until it landed.....

What aftermarket steering bushing did you go with? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
interesting. I just picked my 18 up from the dealer getting some updates done (injector wiring harness, driveshaft brake side retorque and limiter strap bolts) and they didn't say anything about fixing the gaps. I even talked to them about it and it was the first they had heard of it

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
interesting. I just picked my 18 up from the dealer getting some updates done (injector wiring harness, driveshaft brake side retorque and limiter strap bolts) and they didn't say anything about fixing the gaps. I even talked to them about it and it was the first they had heard of it

If you have an 18’ mt cat I would definitely check with your dealer and see is you sled needs any updates. Along with replacing the injector wiring, there is a list of things for them to check. Mine had the fuel line rubbing against the tunnel. The fuel line in plastic and had rubbed about 1/2 way through the line. Replaced the fuel line and cat has an update for a pad that sticks to the tunnel where the fuel line rubs.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
In the pic, blue arrow is fuel line. Red arrow is the rubber pad they add to cushion the fuel line from rubbing on the corner of the tunnel. From what I understand, only some vin numbers are affected.

EBD8C8A7-8989-4CD3-B7F7-A938BC541643.jpeg

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
If you have an 18’ mt cat I would definitely check with your dealer and see is you sled needs any updates. Along with replacing the injector wiring, there is a list of things for them to check. Mine had the fuel line rubbing against the tunnel. The fuel line in plastic and had rubbed about 1/2 way through the line. Replaced the fuel line and cat has an update for a pad that sticks to the tunnel where the fuel line rubs.

its a mountain cat yes, I took it in and had them do every update so I assume all of that would of been checked also

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I haven’t had a chance to op n it up and see what they did, maybe do it tomorrow and take some pictures.

Premium Features