• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recommended bars to install for a smaller diamter on 08 Summit

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
It may just be the grips, but the bars on my sled are just too big for my hands and it causes my forearms to fatigue much faster.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Is it doable(anything is doable, but easy and cost effective)? Or is it just too much to try to mount the controls to a smaller bar?

Thanks for any input.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Are they still the stock bars and grips? You really are not going too find anything smaller diameter than stock or unless you pull the cork off under the heaters an put on the rsi grip wrap, but than your heaters will suck with no cork.
Plus what position are your risers at and what's the rise? Most people run the to straight up or run too tall of a riser, pull them back so they are more inline with the post will help with the arm pump.

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Are they still the stock bars and grips? You really are not going too find anything smaller diameter than stock or unless you pull the cork off under the heaters an put on the rsi grip wrap, but than your heaters will suck with no cork.
Plus what position are your risers at and what's the rise? Most people run the to straight up or run too tall of a riser, pull them back so they are more inline with the post will help with the arm pump.

I bought th sled used ,so not sure. O may be the grips are too thick? I'll have to look. I don't have the sled stored near me when not riding so I haven't looked real close.

I've never had an issue with this, and have owned AC, other doos (had a 09 and don't remember this issue ), and still riding a nytro.

I'll have to look, maybe I'm just getting old. :face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features