• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another bogging issue!

R
Oct 24, 2011
Ok, 2011 Assault 800 with really annoying bogg issues.

-changed fuelfilter
-changed and adjusted tps
-"plugged" the gas switch in the handlebar
-new plugs
-have got my blue injectors tested in a injector tester with no problems found
-comptested
-no trouble codes when polaris plugget it into the computer

The sled hesitates when climbing and only when i pin it.

It boggs / hesitates alot more with the 10% eth plug, even on trail riding. With the high octane plug it only hesitates in harder conditions.
Ive heard that it gives 5-10% more fuel with 10% eth plug, is that true?

Here is a clip that shows the boggs:

http://youtu.be/uv1ZTrg0Qzc

So whats next? New injectors? Fuelpressure or something else? :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:
L

locknload

Dec 5, 2007
Have u checked for broken or loose motor mounts, clutches clean? new clutch springs? I had a 700 edge with a bunch of performance parts that did something similar until i added a torque arm and push arm. Just something to think about.

polarisperformance

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Québec
Is your primary clutch spring broke? All the 800's are breaking.

No broken primary spring, we can clearly see in this video that this is an engine issues/ bogging. Just try to find what issues is causing this bog.

-Not fuel filter
-Not injector
-not spark plug
-not tps
-not dirty VES
-Maybe spark plus wire + cap
-Maybe coil
-maybe Ves selenoid

Someone have idea of what it should be

R
Oct 24, 2011
But why does it bog so mutch more with the 10% eth plug?

I can do the same test with the other high octane plug without a bog!
Then it just shows up in really mutch pow and when climbing.

Feels like must be some kind of fuel issue?

Have cleaned the VES extremly well.

Last edited:
L

locknload

Dec 5, 2007
If you think its a fuel problem hang a fuel pressure gauge on it and moniter it. check voltage at fuel pump, maybe even hang a remote volt gauge on handlebars to verify voltage not dropping off when bog occurs. Dont overlook the simple stuff like clutching, motor mounts or a badly worn belt.

R
Oct 24, 2011
Just tried the new ECU and injectors.. SAME ****ty boggings!!

Same problem as before --> more boggings with 10% eth plug and less with the high octane plug..

Feels like i have checked the whole fuel system now, besides a new fuelpump.

Whats the fuelpressure supose to be on a pro??

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
When it bogs hit the kill switch and check the plugs to see if they are wet it could be a fuel resister or try someone else fuel plug .
How many miles , have you done a compression check ,or a leak down .
You say it is not throwing a code ? Check your clutch over good I chased one for a month and a half trying to find out why it bogged turned out to be the clutch I just had rebuilt .

R
Oct 24, 2011
When it bogs hit the kill switch and check the plugs to see if they are wet it could be a fuel resister or try someone else fuel plug .
How many miles , have you done a compression check ,or a leak down .
You say it is not throwing a code ? Check your clutch over good I chased one for a month and a half trying to find out why it bogged turned out to be the clutch I just had rebuilt .

Dont know miles but 2000 kilometers.
Yes i have checked the compression.
Im just changing to std 10-66gr and org gearing to se if it is hitting some sort of "to fast rpm switch" like when you have a belt failure.

What did u find wrong in your clutch??

It boggs on my botth fuel plugs, so i guess its not the plugs.

Thanks for helping

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The rollers where worn out,the buttons where flat and their had to be .090 clearance between the buttons and towers and could spin in the spider,The moveable sheave rocked back and forth excessive it looked like it had 50,000 miles on it . Not what you would expect from a rebuilt clutch with less than 150 miles on it.
I do not know what happened or why it looked like it did but I sure was PO.

polarisperformance

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Québec
Install and try AFR today.
12,2 to 12,8 at 8300 when it pull good
14.8 to 15 when it's bogging for 5+ sec

Really bog solid today as the temp outside is higher (-3C)

R
Oct 24, 2011
Ok, just changed to stock weights and gearing and springs. All looked fine and it still bogging.

Maybe try something with the VES is next?
The wires/tubes are fine. Ill tryed to disconnected them and testride and it was similiar issues like my boggs just worse, so maybe its worth a try to change the powervalve solenoid?

S
Apr 21, 2008
Wenatchee
The issue on my 2011 ended up being a problem with some loose wires in the throttle/kill switch housing and it was bogging due to the throttle over ride sensor i guess. Easy fix. It was keeping the clutch from being able to engage.

See other bogging form if wondering what mine was doing exactly.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
My 11 Pro just started doing the same thing, only on WFO pulls, never predictable, can shut it down then restart, and it may not do it for 10 minutes, but once it starts, it keeps happening. Not an overrev or soft deto, I have experience with those, too. I have an extra new primary. Just starting to work through the list. This has been an issue for others since the CFI-2 came out, others have chased it, and the fix has been varied, an elusive for some.

Premium Features