• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spectrum 3d flyweights?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Anybody run these?
Between the lines designs sells them
189 bucks
Adjustable ramp angle.
Work similar to tra clickers?

they’re the ALL NEW SPECTRUM 3-D™ FLYWEIGHTS!

Designed with an industry-first, our Patent Pending hinged ramp section gives you complete adjustability in the field. Changing your weights for elevation or boost changes is now a task of the past.

The exclusive hinged ramp feature allows you to adjust dynamic mass, ramp angle and with the 6 grams of removable screw weights, actual mass can be customized for your needs as well.

Simply by turning a T-handle wrench you can change the entire ramp angle, which effectively adds or subtracts peak RPM and shift force.

WHY ARE THEY BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE NOW?

Conventional flyweights (and all aftermarket so called “adjustable weights”), not having the rapid adjustability on three dimensions as the SPECTRUM 3-D flyweights do, have to compromise performance for the sake of giving you a greater elevation operating range with the same weight. This is accomplished with a linear final ramp profile. This means that while your sled may feel fast, at times you are missing out on hidden horsepower that was removed from the equation because of lack of adjustability of the design. Not anymore…

Last edited:

D8rider

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Kamloops B.C.
Doesn't seem too bad of an idea, but the only problem that I can think of is when adjusting the ramps, how do you know all the weights are adjusted to the right angle. 1 weight could have a steeper ramp than the other 2. plus the more you play around with the screw and the more the loc-tite comes off I can see diasaster waiting to happen.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Talked to them

Talked to the rep at between the lines designs. And the ramp adjustment is locked with a setscrew. Fit polaris arctic cat or yamaha. The wieght has a knuckle style pivot point. The adjustment points have hash marks to indicate which number its set at.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
spectrum-compressed-1.jpeg

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Interesting concept. TRA adjustability in reverse.

Many years with TRA`s taught me the ramp profile is still the most important part of that equation though.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
We were told at the show that they were shipped as 100 gram weights, but for $40 they would machine them down to a more appropriate weight per application. They suggested you could also either grind them down your self or take them to a machine shop.

I kid you not.

O
Aug 19, 2011
100 grams? Wtf..:p And the other thing, grind it yourself?:p I think it would be better if they did it themselves, if you do it yourself you could easily waste money fast.

Last edited:
Premium Features