• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers-excellent experience

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Apr 15, 2008
"Additionally, all warranties will automatically terminate upon:
(1) modification of the trailer or any trailer components, or a repair of the trailer without Warrantor’s prior written approval;...."

^That language right there is taken straight from the warranty.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Sorry, but I missed nothing.

http://www.miragetrailers.com/documents/warranty/cargo-trailers-warranty.pdf

It's spelled in massive, bold letters that Mirage Trailers are warranted for 1 year, not 3. Furthermore, it also clearly states that axles are covered under the axle manufacturer. So, did you try getting in touch with the axle manufacturer before you blew 5200 bucks on repairs?

No offense, but it sounds like you should be angry at whoever fleeced you for 5200 bucks for repairs (not including labor). That's half the price of a brand new trailer for crying out loud.

Also, consider this. Most manufacturers on Earth will immediately void a warranty if you attempt repairs on your own. For instance, many electronics devices have a special seal that breaks when the device is taken apart. Breaking that seal immediately voids the warranty. I can't imagine any manufacturer simply taking a customer at their word that they performed thousands of dollars in repairs without any sort of contact/photos/consultation prior to the work.

If I were you, I would have consulted with Mirage before just diving in and attempting the repair. I've never had a problem with repairs on my trailer when dealing with Mirage.

Wow your a keener huh.
The axle manufacturer wouldn't do anything, Mirage wouldn't do anything so when you get a no response for a year (remember failure goes back to March) and sledding season is coming up are you going to leave your trailer sitting....
The $5,200 in cost was for all the damge not just axles.
Void warranty if you do the repairs yourself, you really don't have an option after dealing with the issue for a year.
My warranty was for three years, not one year, want me to scan it and post it?

My dealings have been nothing but up front, cordule and left to Mirage on how they wished to take care of this. After a year, it's just business now.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Its a case of fix a $14,000.00 trailer yourself or leave it sit??? Hmm you know the manufacturer isn't going to do anything so..... You fix it.
"Additionally, all warranties will automatically terminate upon:
(1) modification of the trailer or any trailer components, or a repair of the trailer without Warrantor’s prior written approval;...."

^That language right there is taken straight from the warranty.

C
Apr 15, 2008
I believe you that your warranty was for three years. What I have trouble believing is that Mirage AND the Axle Manufacturer AND your dealer simply ignored you for a full year. I've never received that sort of horrible customer service from either the dealer, or Mirage, concerning my trailer. That being said, you still voided your own warranty handling a repair without honoring your end of the warranty agreement (i.e. getting Warrantor approval).

I hate to play devil's advocate, but it appears as though you shot yourself in the foot, and are looking for someone besides yourself to blame.

Hope everything works out for you.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
My trailer is proof that they DO stand behind their product. My trailer is an '08, and I can send you a picture of the nice new axles they put under it if you would like me to.........

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Dale, do you even own a Mirage Trailer? Who's trailer are you posting about? I've looked into our email records for this trailer, and it's evident that it was a "Richard" that we were dealing with regard to this unit. Furthermore, we offered a "Richard" a full repair AT NO CHARGE provided that the trailer was brought down to our facility. Apparently this was insufficient for "Richard's" needs, and suddenly YOU are out 5200 dollars for a repair that we never authorized.

Mirage Trailers stands behind our products 100%.

Here's the original email chain in question:
http://www.miragetrailers.com/email-chain.pdf

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Yup Richard and I own the trailer is that illegal? How do you bring a trailer down 14 hours to Idaho with no axles Rob.

And yes Rob we are out 5200 dollars.

Dale, do you even own a Mirage Trailer? Who's trailer are you posting about? I've looked into our email records for this trailer, and it's evident that it was a "Richard" that we were dealing with regard to this unit. Furthermore, we offered a "Richard" a full repair AT NO CHARGE provided that the trailer was brought down to our facility. Apparently this was insufficient for "Richard's" needs, and suddenly YOU are out 5200 dollars for a repair that we never authorized.

Here's the original email chain in question:
http://www.miragetrailers.com/email-chain.pdf

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
One of the special ones huh.
My trailer is proof that they DO stand behind their product. My trailer is an '08, and I can send you a picture of the nice new axles they put under it if you would like me to.........

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
we offered a "Richard" a full repair AT NO CHARGE provided that the trailer was brought down to our facility. Apparently this was insufficient for "Richard's" needs, and suddenly YOU are out 5200 dollars for a repair that we never authorized.

Well.
Looks like the other side of the story has finally surfaced for all to see.

Way to go Mirage.

I would say thats going the extra mile for a customer!

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
One of the special ones huh.

If "special" means I took the correct steps and made an effort on my part for services offered well AFTER my warranty had expired then yes Dalueg I am special. I also spend time and money on maintenance for all my family's equipment because as we all know, everything wears out.

Thanks again Rob!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
If that was my trailer and it would have saved me $5200 I would have loaded it onto a flatbed trailer and headed for a long weekend in Idaho. Just saying......

Gee that's awesome! I don't own a flatbed trailer big enough for an enclosed. Just saying....

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Gee that's awesome! I don't own a flatbed trailer big enough for an enclosed. Just saying....

Neither do I, but I am resourceful enough that I would have rented or borrowed one, just saying.

I hope you never have to spend a night on the mountain because your sled breaks down or you get lost, because I fear you will sit on your butt, blame someone else, and freeze to death.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Neither do I, but I am resourceful enough that I would have rented or borrowed one, just saying.

I hope you never have to spend a night on the mountain because your sled breaks down or you get lost, because I fear you will sit on your butt, blame someone else, and freeze to death.

You obviously don't know **** about me, anybody that does wouldn't make such a stupid remark.

You're missing the entire point of my posts. Mirage should understand that it can't be driven and should have made allowances for that, no different than a car manufacturer covering the tow bill for a warrantied repair when it can't be driven.

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
You obviously don't know **** about me, anybody that does wouldn't make such a stupid remark.

You're missing the entire point of my posts. Mirageshould understand that it can't be driven and should have made allowances for that, no different than a car manufacturer covering the tow bill for a warrantied repair when it can't be driven.

Sorry if I offended you. My remark was based on your stupid remark.

YOU are the one missing the point I am afraid. Mirage's good will gesture was extremely generous. Some responsibility should fall on the owner of trailer. If more effort would have been made by the owner, he probably would have had a positive outcome.

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
Kmo I got your back man I know the owners personally and I have taken my old mirage to a interstate dealer and mirage paid them no questions asked. These trailers just like them all need tlc just like pickups. Like washed and greased and inspected from time to time.

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
The correct steps were taken but unfortunately we are where we are now, I've posted up the e mail between Mirage and myself and I've also sent Rob the e mails from Richard that he claimed he knew nothing about an issue with a trailer from a Richard and yes since I am the second owner it was time to once again approach Mirage to see what or if they would do anything to compensate for some or a portion of the damage or issues.

I am so glad you spend the time and money on maintenance to keep your toys in great running shape as do I. I know how frustrating it is to have something break down in the mountains when your out to enjoy yourself. My family also loves these trips. Tragically when things go sideways when your trailer axles fail in a mountain pass on almost taking out another vehicle with someone elses family in it...... Not a good feeling.

As for wearing out.... The trailer failed in its first year.

I know your a great supporter of Mirage and I would be too if they would have stepped up to the plate with something other than Bring it down here and we'll look at for you.

So now I am going to rent a transport to haul it 14 hours to Idaho?

If "special" means I took the correct steps and made an effort on my part for services offered well AFTER my warranty had expired then yes Dalueg I am special. I also spend time and money on maintenance for all my family's equipment because as we all know, everything wears out.

Thanks again Rob!

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
What, surfaced for all to see?
Christopher, come on, 14 hours, no axles lets just skid her across the boarder.....

I know you have a Mirage also and no doubt a great supporter but lets be real about the reality.

Well.
Looks like the other side of the story has finally surfaced for all to see.

Way to go Mirage.

I would say thats going the extra mile for a customer!

Premium Features