Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
leadropr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bogging issue

I have a 2005 M-7. Runs fine intermittently. However is currently misfiring. When I pulled the plugs I found one dry and one wet. Looking down the manifold on the wet plug it is stained with oil. The dry plug side is dry. Could anything else be wrong besides the coil/plug wires?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Currently: Working,
Thanked 2,725 Times in 1,767 Posts
WyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond repute

If it is getting to much fuel it will foul it and cause this to happen, try new plugs first, make sure oiler alignment marks are lined up right, make sure plug wire and caps are screwed together all the way, look in the plug cap to make sure the metal that snaps onto the plug is in the right spot and on the plug all the way. It should cover almost all the white on the plug. Figure out how to test the coil. If everything checks out then I would swap injectors and see if it changes sides.

The Following User Says Thank You to WyoBoy1000 For This Useful Post:
leadropr (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM
chevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond reputechevnrev has a reputation beyond repute

Not to hijack this thread, but my sled is having a hell of a bogging issue as well. It now has a new primary clutch, and I made sure belt alignment is correct. I have a PCV and racinstation map with the SLP single pipe set and sno pro air box. Running MDS weights from Steve. Coming off of an idle it bogs so bad it almost throws you over the handlebars, and I've damn near lost the sled down the hill when trying to flip a U-turn on a steep hillside cuz it bogs so I don't carve around like I'm anticipating. It almost acts like it's loading up or something, because it does it worst after being stationary and idling for a bit or after going downhill (so basically idling/not being on the throttle). I saw a thread on the sticky about the oil pump sticking. Could this be the issue? If others have had the oil pump sticking issue, did the fix to the oil pump solve the bog? Any other ideas? Also, my CCU light has been flashing, but I think that's cuz I tried to shift into reverse when my belt deflection was waaaaay too tight and it grinded a little bit, then spent a half hour trying to get the thing back into forward. I could be wrong though.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:28 PM
WyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond reputeWyoBoy1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine had an off bottom bog and I had to add huge amounts of fuel off bottom to make it run right. Maybe you should check your fuel pressure.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Basic Member
leadropr is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the above mentioned no change in sides. I'm stumped.....

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Currently: m7 sold now looking for a m8 budget is $4000 pm me if you have something please!!
Basic Member
cumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond reputecumminshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadropr View Post
Did the above mentioned no change in sides. I'm stumped.....

Here when i had mine bog for whatever reason it was my back inner wheel bearing was messed then the bearing broke replaced it and it just tightened up the sled not bogging is gone. so try that easy and cheap fix.

Also hears a list ive marked down to just always have check all these

stator could be getting weak when windings get hot.
take apart taillight housing look for common taillight shortages, also cut wires.
check servo disconnected power valves hold open manually
look in bottom of gas tank for metallic shavings, bad fuel or bad fuel pump
while in gas tank verify pickup valve screens are clean
disconnect main chassis ground wire ( brown under coolant , and clean bottle )
check injector wiring for short and broken wire, clean injectors to
disconect every electrical connector behind pipe guard except for key see if it hits rpm ( key will be only way to turn off )
put ecu on other m7 see if it works
power valve cable length
timing sensor
try rerouting baro tube
Make sure no water in airbox
make sure power valves open after 6800 rpm
make sure no holes in airbox
rubber piece between airbox and tbodies wear and tear on exhaust check injectors make sure they havent rubbed through or melted
air horn intake collapsing

hope that help and you get it solved should give you some ideas and hope and fix it. Goodluck hope she runs good

Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 PM

You swapped injectors from one side to the other???

Tested the coil or even swapped it from one side to the other. check compression. Maybe you have a coolant leak and there is water entering the cylinder, that would do it for sure.