• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-doo techs ? - VCK (vehicle communications kit)

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
I am working on a seadoo and in the manual it lists a Vehicle Communications Kit p/n 529 035 844 to read codes. Does anyone know if this would be the same scanner for reading sleds as well? Thanks

L
Mar 8, 2008
Yes it is the same kit your Doo dealer uses but he will need a code from brp to be able to use it on the Sea Doos and if he is not a dealer i doubt he will get it.

L
Mar 8, 2008
No this is just a way for brp to make sure that the dealers are qualified to work on these machines, so if you are not a Sea Doo dealer ande have no service training from BRP on them you can not use the VCK kit or BUDS as it is called. If you are a dealer and have the code you can use it on all Sea Doos where you can plug it in.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
Thats a p.i.t.a. Its kind of funny how secretive everything is in the rec world. In the automotive world you can buy scanners, manuals, etc from a ton of different sources. Just frustrating to have to haul my stuff 45 min away to pay some kid to pull the codes for me, those VCK kits are only $780can, oh well... thanks alot for the info. Would have been a pretty frustrating purchase once i realized i couldn't read anything at all!

Premium Features