For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Colorado Rabbit Ears, Grand Mesa, Grand Lake, etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Currently: Not set.
Farmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond reputeFarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hidden Gems Wilderness Update,

Hello Folks!,

I just wanted to drop everyone a line to let you know how things are going on the battle to keep our public lands open to the public! Before I go into any details I first want to thank all of you folks who have helped to create so much awareness, so fast, on this issue that we all care about so much. It has been just amazing the response we have seen from so many people and from so many user groups and people from different walks of life. I think it just goes to prove our point that this so much bigger than just one issue or just one user group. For many, this is basically the breaking point for us hard working, common people who have watched for years as our public lands have slowly been taken away from us. It is so exciting to see how much people still care and that folks are not going to take this kind of thing sitting down. This type of response is the last thing the people behind Hidden Gems wanted to see. They were hoping more than anything that they could appease us with a few little concessions here and there and we would go away. Judging by the email responses, I would say not a chance!

We do now have our website up and running and it is changing daily. Please visit it and let us know what you think. http://www.whiteriverforestalliance.com We plan on having the ability to start taking free memberships plus donations to the White River Forest Alliance late next week. Additionally we are working on a awareness campaign and we hope to get maps, flyers and posters out later next week also. This combined with the website and emails will hopefully tie the whole campaign together. Once we get this done we will post these anywhere and everywhere we can think of. We intend to pass these out all over western Colorado. We need to get to counties like Delta, Gunnison, Mesa and Summit where very few people know about this proposal and let them know how it will effect them! When we get these materials done we will defiantly be looking for volunteers to get the info out there and distributed in the different areas and communities.

Finally, many of you have asked "What can I do?" We are a day or two away from being ready start the letter writing campaign to the elected officials. What you can do now you ask?? Continue to spread these emails around, post on web sites and forums, talk to folks on the street, keep creating the awareness. If you have time send letters to editors of your local newspaper tell people who you are and why you love to do what you do, Don't let anyone stereotype you as being just one thing. None of us represent just one group we all love to enjoy the forest in many different ways. Personally I am not just a snowmobiler, I am also a 4-wheeler, atver, and a hiker. Don't let anyone stereotype you as one thing, we are a diverse crowd with many different interests, let people know that. The most important thing is create awareness. Awareness is the key! The more folks that know the whole story the more people will speak out against what these folks are trying to do.

Thank you all for your help and support.
Sean

White River Forest Allaince Member
Mt Sopris Rec Riders President

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Currently: READY, add snow and fuel
Basic Member
Rprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond repute

Sean Thanks for all your hard work

Old 08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Currently: Ascending
Qreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Visited the White River Alliance website. Looks great. It also builds confidence in the outdoor enthusiast "world" to see the strength we have as a collective group. The website is well organized and presented very well.

Thank you Sean again for your hard work.

Q
WeKnowSnowdotcom
#Cannonpowerdotcom
#FrontRangeArcticCat
#Racin Station

Old 08-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Currently: Ready!
Waldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond reputeWaldo11 has a reputation beyond repute

Website looks great. Keep us in the loop!

Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Currently: want pow
paulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond reputepaulharris has a reputation beyond repute

I just went on to the whiteriverwild site and it is pretty shocking how much land in colorado they are trying to lock up....this is scary. And they have a automated form letter function so people living in big cities far away from colorado can send mass emails in support of this BS. I live in Vail and these people are trying to change our way of life.

I just wrote a letter and emailed it to Local senator Polis, and U.S. Senators Bennet and Udall. it was so easy to go on their websites and send an email. hopefully if many people do this it will help. And hopefully when you get the website all finished it will make it even easier! Website looks good!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Currently: Ascending
Qreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond reputeQreiff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

As I sit here and read Bushy's post all I can do is smile and nod my head YES, YES, YES!!

You are so correct.......logging, mining are very well managed at present time and current roads in the BC need to be managed better not deleted!

Our forest service, and BLM mgmt. people have responsibilities here also but, that platform would be a tough sell.

Anyway just a plug for you ole buddy!!

Bushy for Pres!

Q
WeKnowSnowdotcom
#Cannonpowerdotcom
#FrontRangeArcticCat
#Racin Station

Old 08-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Basic Member
redhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond repute

Love seeing well educated people post on this subject. I am an (average joe) with little education on environment impact studies. But I do love my sport and the lands we ride on, we as snowmobilers get to see these lands from a view that few ever get to see them, which could make other jealous. I do appreciate the words that the educated people on this site post and I do hope that they are heard loud and clear. This is a subject of discussion in our group just about every day and will be.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Currently: livin the dream
bushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond repute

What I did on my summer vacation....as president First I repealed the Wilderness Act and restored those lands for public use, then I instituted a government buy back program for old polluting sleds like mine Q, and props to Sean and Kristy for their hard work, and well thought out approach to fighting back. Great job on the website!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
jph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond reputejph3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bush- That post was the best I've read yet (from 4 different sites). We definitely need input like this in our letter generations, mailings, etc. In my (humble) opinion, we need to lay down some 'basics' on the justifications for our fight. From your earlier post, it definitely gives some ideas of where to start and our fundamental challenge to this plan.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Currently: Selling Out
dragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Currently: Loving the new Silber external wastegate turbo!
Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,214 Posts
skibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Currently: weknowsnow.com
Basic Member
black swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Basic Member
Wade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond reputeWade has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
bushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond reputebushy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Currently: READY, add snow and fuel
Basic Member
Rprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond reputeRprecision has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Currently: Selling Out
dragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond reputedragon12 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Currently: MOVED WEST TO LIVE @ 10,000 FEET!
Thanked 1,104 Times in 401 Posts
CANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond reputeCANNONMAN has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Basic Member
redhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond reputeredhawk24 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Currently: Enjoying some 36DD's
Hammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond reputeHammertime has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Hammertime For This Useful Post:
Yamahamod (09-14-2009)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Currently: Happy
Mnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond reputeMnt bound has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Currently: Loving the new Silber external wastegate turbo!
Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,214 Posts
skibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond reputeskibreeze has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Basic Member
black swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to black swan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to black swan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,506 Times in 853 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrettiDog For This Useful Post: