• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

firecat big bores

D
Mar 4, 2009
anyone have one that has been reliable and dependable for a long period of time.seems like they only run for so long until a burndown comes and also seems like any of them that are for sale need new pistons and cylinders need to be renickled.Anyone have good experiences with a f8 kit that ran good and that didn't seem to burn up after every 300 miles?Just wondering if there are better more reliable kits out there that can be trail ridden without having to worry about when the next time its gonna go down

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Not sure what your looking for with this post in different sections but......I have a 2005 m7 (same motor as firecat) that was bigbored from the very start in 05. Ihave had no problems with it and it has never burned down once set up properly . I maintained it with a top end rebuild about every 1500 miles and am now running it with a turbo. This is it's 5th season and it is still one of the strongest running sleds I have owned. No problems at all.

Premium Features