• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Ski-Doo Summit X 800 144” Lots of extras

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
(SOLD!)2005 Ski-Doo Summit X 800 144” Lots of extras (SOLD!!!)

SOLD!!!!

2005 Ski-Doo Summit X 800 144”

3700 miles (Pistons and rings done at 1900 miles and 3200 miles)

Fox Float Front shocks – retail $700

Holz rear skid + Fox Zero Pro shock – retail $1400

BOSS Hi-rise Seat – retail $500 (also has SLP LED Tail)

SLP high compression head – retail $350

New Pistons/Rings at beginning of season (only 500 miles on new pistons/rings and head) - $500 (Also had U.S. Chrome bore and coat ONE cylinder due to scarring) (Has RK Tech Piston and Dual Rings)

SLP Powder Pro Skis - retail $400

SLP Can (also includes stock can) - retail $200

Blue hood/console - retail $250

Lightweight black wheels

Low black windshield

Race sled electrical/switches (removed tractor switch blocks!)

Ski-Doo skid plate and a-arm protectors

SLP Air Filter sock

SLP Speedo hole air vent

SLP Cold Air intake system

Black Powder Coated Better Boards

Powder Coated Spindles to match Hood

Blasted and Powder coated ski mounts (black)

Powder Coated Riser (Black)

Powder Coated Rear Bumper (Black)

New Hyfax this season

Race sled reinforcements (nun, steering, side supports, and track/rail)

New Recoil this season

-Rebuilt both the primary and secondary. Big John setups on both clutches.

I just went through this sled this last year, replaced the wore out parts, bushings, gaskets, o-rings, etc. It runs strong and am hesitant to sell it because it has treated me so well. Lots of fun parts on this thing. I have a 166 belt on it, and my belt from last year which is in great shape is the spare. I also have 1 BRAND new never used Dayco belt that I will include along with a used Dayco Belt. I honestly did not like how the Dayco belts ran, which is why I went back to OEM but they will work fine for a spare.

Sled has ran Amsoil it's entire life. I will go through the sled with whomever buys it, and I also have a SKI-DOO service manual on CD.
Asking price is $5,000

I will update with pics soon or if I remember anything else that I might have forgot.

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Sled is located in Gypsum (Eagle) CO, I can assist with delivery within reason (Front Range and Vail Valley). Depending on the date I might be able to meet in other places.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

Ask and you shall receive!

:D

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Thank you! it is a nice sled. I took it to Vail Pass on Wednesday. I think that was the greatest day of sledding ever! 3-4 FEET of powder! Sled ran amazing!

AverageJoe

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Marble, CO
www.SnowBikeWest.com
How well does that 144" do in the deep stuff? I currently have a 151", but it feels heavy to me--I can't throw it around like my 121" which I guess is common sense. I moved out from MI last fall so I'm still trying to get the hang of powder riding, but I love jumping and just banging around so maybe a shorter track is what I need to try out. Also, I need to find some other riding buddies because the few I've rode with over this way aren't real fanatics and so they are good with once/month..

Jason

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
How well does that 144" do in the deep stuff? I currently have a 151", but it feels heavy to me--I can't throw it around like my 121" which I guess is common sense. I moved out from MI last fall so I'm still trying to get the hang of powder riding, but I love jumping and just banging around so maybe a shorter track is what I need to try out. Also, I need to find some other riding buddies because the few I've rode with over this way aren't real fanatics and so they are good with once/month..

Jason

I love the 144" I will probably get a 146" on my next sled. It will lose some to the 151 in the deep but I think it makes up for it in fun. I won't be the highest mark on the mountain but I really don't care, that is not my thing. I like boondocking and jumping. If you are the same way then this is the sled for you. The Holz is awesome for that and the Floats up front make it sweet!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've taken rides on this sled a over the last 3 years. Rips hard. The Holz and Fox Floats make it a great bump sled.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Had a few interested parties.....

Sled is in Gypsum, CO right now. I will be moving it to Fort Collins in the next couple of weeks.

Premium Features