• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slp Slt Skis

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Does anyone have any pictures of the bottom of these ski's I would like to look at the Keel design before I decide to buy a pair or not. Thanks

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
SLT Skis

I had a pair of SLT's on my 06 Rev when I bought it used. I took them off and sold them. Replaced them with a set of Slydog Powderhounds. The keel on the SLT is a "Rocker" shape. the steering was effortless on my 06 Rev, but the skis were very darty on the trail. I tried the Simmons Gen I, and the Slydogs, and I perfered the Slydogs to the Simmons. Just my .02 worth

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I have a new set in the garage, tell me what you want pictures of and I'll snap a couple and send them to you. PM me your email address and I'll just email them to you.

sled_guy

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
IdahoMike I have an 09 Mcat 162 and I hate the stock skis, heavy steering on the flat hard pack when going slow, very darty and alway seem the hunt for a grove to follow. I've done lots of searches on here and opinions on skis are like a..holes everybody has one but in the end I can never really tell which one works best. As for the Slt ski's I wanted to see the keel design and carbide locations hense my post for some pictures of the bottom of the skis. Sled-guy I will PM you my e-mail address and thanks. Mike as for your slydogs I'd like to see a pict of those from the underside too if that would be all right. I know I bought a mountain sled to ride in the deep fluff but we always ride a trail to get to where we want to play and frankly I really don't like the steering going down the trail. I had a chance to ride the 09's last spring and experienced the same issue and I told Brent about it. He almost acted insulted that I would have a negative opinion of the ski. In fact he reminded me it was a MOUNTAIN sled. So be it but one has to ride a trail to get to the mountain. I also had a chance to ride a cat with the PP's on them, I liked them in the powder but did not care for them on the trail either. It could have been setup on the sled but I still wan't impressed. Other than this ski issue I really like this sled, the skis are another matter they need to be melted down and sent to recycle. Thanks for getting me those picts.:beer;

C
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
I have SLT and PP, The SLT are alot nicer on the trail, seem to bite better that the PP on the trail, I switch out to my PP for off trail and powder riding. The PP are best for soft powder, but then it gets crusty they are iffie.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I feel your pain dude.

Your in the same boat I was 2 years ago when I bought my 06 Summit X. The original owner had taken off the Ski Doo 6.9 Pilots and put the SLT skis on the sled.

Like I said earlier, on my Rev the steering was effortless, but the sled was darty big time on the trail. When you see the shape of the keel on the SLT, you'll see it has a pretty big rocker shape to it, which gives the ski that "Power Steering" feel. I do know some people who really like the SLT for spring riding conditions.

I even took the sled into my dealer and had a tech check the sled over to make sure something wasn't out of wack on the sled. I also posted on SW to find out more about what people thought of the SLT ski. I did get responses back from several people that really like the ski, and had no, or very little darting issues with it on their sleds.

I just new the ski was not going to work for me on my Rev.The ski was very well behaved, and steered where ever I pointed the bars off trail, it was the on trail (darty) performance that I couldn't live with.

Long story short, I put a brand new pair of 6.9 Pilots on with 2 carbides on each ski. With the Pilots the sled was like it was on rails on the trail. No more darting. The problem with the dual carbides is the steering is much heavier, and at the end of the day my shoulders were killing me. I sold those 6.9 Pilots on SW, but in hind sight I should have taken the inside carbide off and tried running with just a single center carbide, oh well there in Canada now.

Heard all the good things about Simmons so decided to give them a shot. Found a nice used pair on SW. I liked the Simmons, but again the steering with the dual carbides is heavy, and the skis push in the turns. Again, I loved these skis on the trail, but they leave alot to be desired (IMO) off trail.

So the search continued. Next victim was a nice used pair of Slydog PH I picked up on Ebay at a killer price in the summer. The first ride on these skis I could tell they were not as stable as the Simmons on the trail, but off trail, way better in the powder than the Simmons. I even switched back and forth a few times last year between the Simmons and the Slydogs, and after several rides on both skis I decided the Slydogs performed the best on my Rev.

I know there are alot of Simmons fans out there, and If all I did was ride trails the Simmons would be mounted up on my Rev. I'm just not a big fan of dual carbide skis off trail.

If you go to Slydogs website they have a good picture of the keel design of the ski. I don't know how they would perform on the MT Cat, but I do know they perform well my Rev.

Good Luck on your journey. :beer;:beer;

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Just put the SLT's on my Rev and really like them. I also put those little anti-dart wings on the bottom just to see how they work. Absolutly no darting on the trail, handles like it's on rails even without a swaybar and not noticable in the powder. Good all-around setup IMO.

Premium Features