• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S Exhaust - Titanium vs. Stainless

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Hey all, does anyone has experience running a Diamond S titanium Q can? Looking at picking up exhaust for my new Alpha, and thinking Diamond S since they are truly one of the quieter cans and I don't want to make excessive noise, just lose weight.. However they are $579 and that's a lot of coin for a can. They also have a stainless steel model for $450ish. Any input on Diamond S or exhaust would be appreciated. Thanks!!

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
The quality is unmatched, it truly is quiet and the Ti is super light, I have never run the stainless but after running the Ti I am assuming it will be of the same quality. I would not hesitate going stainless if you want to be more budget friendly.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Skinz has a very quiet can as well. I think its called the ultra q

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I went back and forth on this as well. Ti is 3lbs lighter. Quality is the same. Baffling looks the same inside. Even though the decibel rating is the same, diamond s is saying the stainless seems a little more quiet. I think this is the difference between materials. Just tapping both with my nails I can hear a distinguishable difference. I have a ti on my 18 and its pretty quiet. I went w ti on my 19. Couldnt pass up the 3lb difference. Outlet needs cut down. It sticks out to the end of the deflector. The ti needed cut down about an inch to match stock on the alpha, the stainless about 3/4". Not sure why they were different outlet lengths. I had to cut my 18 down too last year. Being that diamond s almost burnt down because of their neighbor business, production might be slow right now...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Skinz has a very quiet can as well. I think its called the ultra q

And I've just replaced my ultra q with a diamond S if anyone wants one of these.

Ceramic coated, a little louder than a diamond S and way way cheaper. :eyebrows:

I bought the DS can used. If I were buying new, I'd definitely get the steel one. But that's me.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Well my skins can was quieter then any other can I ran or had been around.

That says more about your friends than it does about your skinz can. ;)

The ultra q isn't obnoxious by any means. It's loads better than the super q and some of the other loud ones out there. Mine is perfectly fine with the foam in my sled, but once I vented it and pulled all the insulation out, my sled was a little much for me. But I'm also a proud member of the screw you and your loud can police. So there's also that.....

The diamond S is by far the most 'keep your riding areas open' aftermarket can I've ever heard. Pretty stoked to see what that new quiet GGB can is like as well. I hope they sell a ton of them and stop dropping their little pinner, one degree away from a straight pipe exhaust setups.

Z
Apr 26, 2017
I went back and forth on this as well. Ti is 3lbs lighter. Quality is the same. Baffling looks the same inside. Even though the decibel rating is the same, diamond s is saying the stainless seems a little more quiet. I think this is the difference between materials. Just tapping both with my nails I can hear a distinguishable difference. I have a ti on my 18 and its pretty quiet. I went w ti on my 19. Couldnt pass up the 3lb difference. Outlet needs cut down. It sticks out to the end of the deflector. The ti needed cut down about an inch to match stock on the alpha, the stainless about 3/4". Not sure why they were different outlet lengths. I had to cut my 18 down too last year. Being that diamond s almost burnt down because of their neighbor business, production might be slow right now...

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Kind of leaning towards a stainless can right now due to the price saving. There are quite a few other upgrades I'm looking at doing, such as a belt drive. Hard time spend that much money on the titanium can when I know I can pick up my belt drive for another $300. Almost when with a speedwerx can or HPS, but I've heard such great things about Diamond S!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What you want is a baffled design that diamond s provides. Cause the can wont get louder over time. Most other companies pack their cans with fiberglass or ss to muffle the sound. That stuff packs out quick on a sled. And within 1000 miles that can is a lot louder. Because of the baffled design the diamond s holds better resale value.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Kind of leaning towards a stainless can right now due to the price saving. There are quite a few other upgrades I'm looking at doing, such as a belt drive. Hard time spend that much money on the titanium can when I know I can pick up my belt drive for another $300. Almost when with a speedwerx can or HPS, but I've heard such great things about Diamond S!

I have a Diamond S Ti can on my 16. It’s an awesome can but yes very pricy. Ran an HPS on my 14 and really like that can also. My dealer gave me a good price on an HPS for the Alpha, couldn’t pass it up. :)

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon
Have a ti on my 16 m8000 and my 18 m8000. This is a great can, super lite and not loud but nice low throaty sound. Sled runs great with it

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

grandpaj

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Menan, Idaho
Diamond S

I picked up a used Ti for my 15 ski doo, loved it. Not as quiet as stock but not shrill sounding either.
Got my 18 mountain cat , put a SSI on it because of the price. It was to loud and had that shrill sound that actually hurts the ears.
So I went cheap and bought a stainless Diamond S, much less noise but still a bunch of weight lost and not that terrible sound, easy to be around. So yes the stainless is still quiet and a great can.

Premium Features