• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled deck advice for multi purpose

Jan 2, 2018
Looking for advice on a good sled deck plan to leave it in year round regular use sleds and ATVs side by side and for working it doing construction, also like the fact of under storage that can be out of the elements for the most part plus with locking gate stuff doesn’t go missing but I’m also wondering how it’s going to or if it will hold up to putting say a bundle of 2x4s up there or bundle of ply wood like I said using it to my Benefit doing construction also looking for one that I’m not going to have to worry about welds cracking plan on using like this for say 5-7 years as at that point I’ll need a new truck it will be bolted through the bed with c channel brace underneath bed so the pulling pressure is more dispersed through hole bed floor rather than multiple smaller contact points using just turn buckles thanks for the help

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Truckboss for sure.

It gets sealed to the box so its weather tight. They come with leg kits so you can bolt it in. The slide out work box is great. Its extruded aluminum and designed VERY well. Nothing is welded on the deck so no welds to crack.

They do have some good package deals on their website, often which can save you 1,000-1,500 off the price.

I left mine on year round, hauled all kinds of stuff up there. Plus, IMO they actually look like a truck accessory, not a trailer deck tossed on top of your bed.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You essentially have two choices. A TruckBoss or the rest of the decks.

I finally bought a TruckBoss and I'm really happy with the quality and functionality. It's very expensive but built well and does more than your average deck. The fact that it seals so well is worth it alone. It sits in the truck better empty than anything else I have seen. The SmartBoxx works well too. Good organizer with the deck. Visit their website, they have several applications for using ATV's, SxS's, watercraft and other.

Jan 2, 2018
Like the truck boss but being so short on a 6.5 bed I would deffinatly need the extion kit and would prefere a 8’ deck just because for normal uses the brackets will be in the way was looking at full lotus, mline and possibly the new marlon deck but unsure on quality heard up and down reviews on the older models and unsure on the other to have never seen in person around here there typically all sno pro or mission decks

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Like the truck boss but being so short on a 6.5 bed I would deffinatly need the extion kit and would prefere a 8’ deck just because for normal uses the brackets will be in the way was looking at full lotus, mline and possibly the new marlon deck but unsure on quality heard up and down reviews on the older models and unsure on the other to have never seen in person around here there typically all sno pro or mission decks

The 7ft truckboss fits nice on the 6 1/2 ft box, and I didnt run the extension, but some guys do. You can get different length extensions too, I think as short as 10" but I'm not sure.

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
TruckBoss are definitely nice, but come at a cost. If you're looking for alternative decks, pay special attention to the ramp they come with. It's good to have a ramp with a lot of crossbeams and less open spaces. This will make loading dirt bikes, atvs, etc much easier and the load is distributed better.

I have a deck made by Alcom. Although it doesn't seal to the bed, the ramp is rigid and 10ft+ long. These decks are rebranded & distributed by companies such as Mission, Polaris, SnoPro, etc.

Good luck!

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
I had a Truckboss for my 6.5' dodge for a short time. As others have said they are very nice, seal to the box and the drawer is great. The problem I had was mostly the 2' flip down extension got in the way. The brackets were such that it prevented the sides from sliding in all the way leaving them about 3" out on each side and I thought the 7' deck was too short to use without the extension. I am use to removing my deck to haul bikes and it was not practical to do with the Truckboss.

Looking for a hydraulic deck if anyone has a lead on one please pm me.

Premium Features