• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building Sled Deck???????

D
Dec 9, 2007
101_6557.jpg

101_6853.jpg

101_6850.jpg

i used 2x2x .083 tube for the outside frame and legs in the bed, and boxed the bottom of the legs with 2x2x 1/8 angle. used 1x1x.120 tube for side rails and headache rack and covered with expanded metal. used 1/2 plywood on the deck and deck screws. 1 1/2x1 1/2x.120 tube for ramp with 1x1x.120 tube for cross bars on ramp and finished ramp with low pro glides for the skis to run on, for consistant easy loading this is a must.

D
Dec 9, 2007
the easiest way is to pick up a couple of those old tripod looking cable camper jacks that were used for the old campers that didnt have jacks attached, raise it up and back under it. you can find them at yard sales for about 20 bucks. i just set mine in with a tractor most of the time.

if you dont have a beaver tail it is easiest to stand it on its tail end, back up to it, lean it against the tailgate, and push it in. the trick is to just back up close enough so only a foot or so is on the tailgate so you are only lifting the one end.

Premium Features