• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Single Place Trailers

E
Oct 10, 2017
AK
I am shopping for a single place trailer and am looking for feedback on Aluma, Karavan, or SnoPro. I know most folks are going to say to go with a 2 place but I want to be able to put both my sled and trailer into the garage. Any thoughts on brand and/or options to go with? Thanks in advance.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
a single place trailer is a RARE BIRD..

Unless you drive a Corvette, then its FAMOUS..
194577.jpg

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
A cheap 4x8 harbor freight trailer will haul a sled just fine, the sled does need to stick past the front of the deck about 8 inches for proper tongue weight (and a 165" sled will hang out the back about 2 1/2 feet), but the bed is nice and low so easy to load and unload, and you can get them of Craigs list or KSL for $100-$200.

I have 30,000 plus miles on such a trailer, I used it for my sled in the winter and dirtbikes in the summer, tool hauling, moving, etc...

E
Oct 10, 2017
AK
Thanks for the feedback Gents, all great options. Might have to trade the truck in for a vette as well. This is what I am looking for to carry a 163.

2018_Aluma_8605_Single_Place_Snowmobile_Trailer_WaBbk0.jpg

Last edited:

Buchholz56

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2013
Dayton, MN
A friend of mine had a floe single place for years with no issues other than it danced around a lot above 65mph because of the short tongue and narrow axel width. He recently traded it for a flow cargomax which is long enough that his sled doesn't hang off the back and rides very well at highway speeds due to longer length, wider track and taller tires. It's not a "sled" trailer but also has more potential other uses too.

Premium Features